• Register
  • Help

Topic: I found a sweet deal on a weighted 88 key controller...

Share/Bookmark

I found a sweet deal on a weighted 88 key controller...

sponsored links

***Advertisments***
    I just thought I would mention that Guitar Center is selling the Fatar SL990 Pro, the latest generation of 88 key Fatar controllers, for only $399!

I had a chance to test it out and it feels like Fatar redid the key action. It feels so much better than the old action! Also, the unit has a 2 tone blue color scheme which looks Reminiscent of the Yamaha EX5 and looks nice.

The Sl990 does not have aftertouch though. Oh, and most important thing making this a perfect Giga controller, Fatar added the pitch and mod wheels like on the SL880. If anyone is looking for a decent 88 key controller at a low price I highly reccomend it. I\'m paying about $200 more for the Sl880 pro through AmericanMusical which has some other bells and whistles. I haven\'t seen the SL990 pro online yet but Guitar Center stores are stocking it.

Cheers!

Edward

Re: I found a sweet deal on a weighted 88 key controller...

Yep. I bought it about a month ago at GC in Hollywood. It\'s great - big and solid action. Feels like a piano. I\'m very happy with it and you can\'t beat the price....

Senior Member Bruce A. Richardson's Avatar

Even the older Fatar SL880 is a perfectly great controller. I have had extremely expensive controllers (A80 for one), and I am cured of spending my money on them. The difference in an A90 vs. an SL880 or 990 is enough to purchase a REALLY slamming sample library.

Senior Member Bruce A. Richardson's Avatar

By the way, Edward, what part of Dallas are you in? I\'m just off of Lowest Greenville.

I picked up the SL-880 for $450 at GC ....what a deal! [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
    too bad their sample selection is on the extreme weak side.

Bruce,

I live at and attend SMU. Sounds like we are neighbors.

Edward

I like my QS8, and it has aftertouch, and you could get one for about that much on Ebay probably. I just figured I oughta throw that out there in case someone wanted a comparison [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

hmmm...what version of the QS8 do you have. The new 8.2, according to Alesis, doesn\'t have aftertouch just release velocity. The 6.2 does have aftertouch though:

- QS8.2 features an 88-key, fully-weighted hammer-action keyboard with velocity and release velocity. QS6.2 has a 61-key synth-action keyboard with velocity, release velocity, and aftertouch.

i have a fatar sl-880 as well. Bought it used, but not much. Payed 420euro including stand......
    But i can recommend it. If you can get it cheap ob ebay or something go for it.........

Go Back to forum