• Register
  • Help

Topic: "Rubber Ducky"

Share/Bookmark

"Rubber Ducky"

Y'all,

I first posted this novelty chune five years ago here on the forum. It required weeks for me just to teach these ducks how to read music.

Here is my "Rubber Ducky".

Larry Alexander

Re: "Rubber Ducky"

Many, many decades ago in the town of Summerset, New Jersey there was a small amusement park with a few kiddie rides and an old man who built and played wonderful little organs made of wood, bellows and all sorts of fun things. They sounded surprisingly good for what they were and each one sounded very different from all the rest. One of my favorites was a small reed organ painted all white with yellow trim. It sounded exactly like your Rubber Ducky. Had my parents allowed, I would have sat and listened to him play all day. It was so cheerful.

Thanks, Larry, for the memories.

Tom

Quote Originally Posted by larryalex1 View Post
    Y'all,

I first posted this novelty chune five years ago here on the forum. It required weeks for me just to teach these ducks how to read music.

Here is my "Rubber Ducky".

Larry Alexander

Well, you are certainly welcome, Mister Tom. Thank YOU for the interesting message.

Best,

Larry Alexander

Sounds like a muted oboe with a wahwah pedal. somehow a hollow-weeny-ish feel to it, but maybe it's just that time of year...

Quote Originally Posted by michael diemer View Post
    Sounds like a muted oboe with a wahwah pedal. somehow a hollow-weeny-ish feel to it, but maybe it's just that time of year...
    It's a synthesizer.

Hello Larry,

Your Rubber Ducky put a smile on my face. Pop goes to Bach I guess. Pretty inventive though. It had a bit of a Caribbean feel to it for me.

The wet weather is chasing me back into my house now so thanks for the cheers.

Phil

Hi Larry,

A smile on my face, that is the right expression. An amusing children's tune, but in an almost baroque identity. Would be interesting to look behind that 'popular' approach. (How is music built...?) Amusing and instructive. Larry at his best!

Max

Quote Originally Posted by fastlane View Post
    Hello Larry,

Your Rubber Ducky put a smile on my face. Pop goes to Bach I guess. Pretty inventive though. It had a bit of a Caribbean feel to it for me.

The wet weather is chasing me back into my house now so thanks for the cheers.

Phil
    Hey, Mister Phil.

Thanks for taking the time to listen to this nutty thing. Thank you also for replying.

Best,

Larry Alexander

Quote Originally Posted by Max Hamburg View Post
    Hi Larry,

A smile on my face, that is the right expression. An amusing children's tune, but in an almost baroque identity. Would be interesting to look behind that 'popular' approach. (How is music built...?) Amusing and instructive. Larry at his best!

Max
    Mister Belgium Dude,

It is always good to hear from you. Thank you for responding. I appreciate it.

Best,

Larry Alexander

Go Back to forum