• Register
  • Help

Topic: Website critique anyone?

Website critique anyone?

sponsored links

Hi all, could you tell me your oppinion of my new website? The music part is nearly finished but the web part still need some work.

In the music part there should only be two buttons which don\'t work, that\'s \"behind scenes\" and \"contact\". There are no MP3\'s yet on the site.

Go here: http://www.falcon-creations.com

Any advice you may have are appreciated.

Btw. the text is still in development so if you see spell error or something odd, then let me know.

Re: Website critique anyone?

Hi Falcon, very nice site. I see you used the good old Snitz software, man have I used that a lot over the years. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

A couple of small thing I noticed, no show stoppers; a spelling mistake under Mp3\'s it says; Archieve instead of Archive.

Perhaps try setting your table width to 100% instead of 760 pixels so that your content wil scale to fit. In bigger screens you get a grey bar running down the page on the right hand side.

Also for IE browsers you could colour the scroll bar, for example;

< !--
    body {scrollbar-base-color:#000000;}

In style tags it would make it black.

These are all small things though, very professional looking site.

Regards, Scott.

Thank you Scott, yes I love Snitz it\'s one of the best forum software out there. You can really do anything you want with it.

I knew I had misst spelling error somewhere, thanks for pointing it out for me.

Yea, that\'s true. It\'s always battle between fixed width or width in percentage. Maybe it\'s better to have it in percentage because the forum.

Btw. I visited your website, and I noticed that you are \"suffering\" from the same syndrom as I have had for many years. Not enough time to build your own site, clients comes first. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Hi Falcon,

Just a few personal preferences from me. Firstly, why not have the table on your first page held in some \"center\" tags? Looking at the page at 1024 x 768 it feels a bit off balance. Also the images on that page might look better if they faded to black at the outer edges of the table they\'re in, so that everything doesn\'t look quite so \'blocky\' (like I say this is all just my personal opinion).

Music page:
    Scott already raised the point about the table width. Again I prefer centred tables [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

\"People can\'t live without music! Therefor it is important ...\". Should be spelled \'Therefore\'.

In terms of composition I\'d prefer:
    \"Therefore it\'s important to satisfy their need with nothing less than high quality music and music production\". Note the use of \'need\' rather than needs, (because there is only one need, for music), \'nothing\' rather than \'no\' and the removal of the hyphen from \'high-quality\'. Man, that sounds like I\'ve just ripped it to shreds, it\'s not meant to [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img]

The following sentence is a bit clumsy:
    \"FalconCreations know this fact and work hard ...\" because really FalconCreations is a singular entity (a company), but putting the correct forms of the verbs (\'knows\' & \'works\') in is uncomfortable reading for a lot of people. It might be better expressed like this:
    \" Here at FalconCreations we know this fact and work hard ...\"

And it\'s \"utmost\" not \"outmost\".

Final sentence should read \"about what other genres we prefer to work with\". No apostrophe, it\'s a plural.

OK, I\'ve really torn this to bits now & I\'m feeling pretty bad about it (I have to do a fair amount of proof reading at work).

There\'s actually a few more things on that page that I\'d change as well (e.g. the abbreviation for orchestra/orchestral/orchestration is usually \'orch\' over here - UK - maybe it\'s different where you are?)

This probably reads like I\'m really trying to find stuff to pick at, but I am genuinely trying to help [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] I think well written English makes a real difference to how clients perceive your site. If you\'d be interested in having me look at the rest of the site, e-mail me: FasterMikeyH@aol.com - I don\'t really want to go through each page here.

Hi FMH, thanks a lot you ruined my day. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] No, on serious side your comments are very well appreciated. I have send you an email for more comments. [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Originally posted by falcon1:
    Hi FMH, thanks a lot you ruined my day.
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Are you really from Iceland? I feel even worse now - I\'d presumed you were a native English speaker, that\'ll teach me to check the \'location\' thing.

I\'ll check your e-mail tonight and get back to you over the weekend.

FMH, yes I\'m really from Iceland. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] Well there\'s no need feel bad, it\'s kind of compliment that you thought that I were native English speaker. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Thanks FMH. Not be too kind on me! Just do like you did and do not spare me.

Thanks again.

Go Back to forum