• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Is there a Giga Support?

Share/Bookmark

Is there a Giga Support?

I wonder.
    Is there anybody at Nemesys responding to the support forms?
    I already sent two support forms and got
    nothing in return.
    It gives me the feeling that nobody cares about us, the customers.

Re: Is there a Giga Support?

They guys at tech support have solved a few problem for me! They\'ve been great! I would still have some really annoying problems without those guys. Keep emailing. Sometimes I had to send a few emails but they really know their s*** and will get you set up and running smooth.
    Gav

Who did you talk to there that was knownlegable?
    Although they were polite when I called I got alot of I don\'t know answers or try this , which never worked ,to my problem [pops and clicks ].
    I got the impression that Joe new no more about computers than I did..
    So if you have found someone there that has been helpful please let me know his name .

I used the email support. gssupport@nemesys.com I think it is. Although I sometimes had to send \'em more than one email about a particular issue, they have been very good about getting back to me within a few days and their responses are very detailed, offering several possible solutions. So far, they\'ve pointed me to the problem everytime.
    I find that pops and clicks occur when I start to push up against the limits of the machine. If you think you should have a bunch of headroom and you\'re still popping and clicking, check that your scsi drivers are up to date. (if you\'re using scsi) I\'ve found that pops and clicks are generally a polyphony issues and if you\'re harddrive is not streaming samples properly then your polyphony is going to be lower.
    How fast is your drive? 7500RPM? 10,000RPM?
    Gav

Hi Gav
    I have a pentium 3 450 with 3 hard drivers .
    A 4 gig udma33 for op system.
    14 gig 5400 udma66 for cakewalk .
    27 gig 7200 udma66 for giga samples .
    If I load a large sample like giga piano and use the sustain pedal. I can\'t even get 30 voices without pops and clicks.
    I have 128 megs of ram but borrowed 512 meg to try and still had probs.
    Thanks , Ken

Oh yeah I almost forgot they are IDE drives that run off highpoint UDMA66 controllers built on the motherboard .
    And I loaded the latestb drivers for the highpoint controller but still have the prob.
    Ken

Somebody told me that Nemesys bought Giga from another company and understands nothing about it.
    Maybe that is why they do not answer my support e-mails....
    I hope somebody in Nemesys reads this forum and make a change in attitude.
    Because the way it goes, Halion will win in the end...

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by eilamgross:
    Somebody told me that Nemesys bought Giga from another company and understands nothing about it.
    Maybe that is why they do not answer my support e-mails....
    I hope somebody in Nemesys reads this forum and make a change in attitude.
    Because the way it goes, Halion will win in the end...
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Your statement has only the smallest grain of truth. Jim Van Buskirk and Joe Bibbo (of Nemesys)are the inventors of the disk streaming technology used by Giga and are so named in the patent. They were, however, with Rockwell while they developed the system. It\'s safe to say that they know *everything* about it. - Doug

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by eilamgross:
    I wonder.
    Is there anybody at Nemesys responding to the support forms?
    I already sent two support forms and got
    nothing in return.
    It gives me the feeling that nobody cares about us, the customers.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

For your future reference there is also the email based GigaX discussion list at http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NemesysMusic where the folks from Nemesys have been frequently posting, last time I looked.

Ryan.

------------------
    Sonic Control
    www.soniccontrol.com
    Giga Users Network at
    www.soniccontrol.com/gigasampler/

Everytime I asked a question I got a quick and usefull reply. I cannot say the same from a lot of other companys.

Go Back to forum