• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: cubase 5, gigastudio sample rate stuck!!

Share/Bookmark

cubase 5, gigastudio sample rate stuck!!

I\'m running cubase 5 with gigastudio with a dlta 66 card. I can\'t change the sample rate in cubase to anything other than 16 bit 41khz, even with giga shut down (says external audio clock?)
    Any ideas how i can change it so i can record audio in cubase at 24bit 96khz??
    Anyone who has a solution i will buy a large ice cream!

Re: cubase 5, gigastudio sample rate stuck!!

The best solution I can think of is to run the applications on two seperate machines. Sounds like a pain now but you\'ll be thankful that you did. You don\'t hear too many stories about great GIGA performance alongside other applications. That\'s just one of the drawbacks of PC systems...they don\'t multitask very well when it comes to CPU intensive stuff like software samplers and sequencers. I\'d plunk down $1200 for a dedicated Giga PC.
    Gav

You must be a complete arse if you tell this guy to buy 2 separate pc\'s, Halion or ESX24 are already outperforming gigastudio160, plus it does not conflict with drivers.

Download Logic Audio 4.7 or Cubase5 VST32 somewhere from the web and buy a real audiocard.

Halion and EXS24 outperforming Gigastudio? Uh.... right. Bring in the next clown

thanks for the replies, but i still need to get cubase and gigsampler working together!
    Cubase seems to work fine on its own, but i think giga is locking the sample rate. Any ideas on how i can change the sample rate. There must be a way to do it.
    Also, this maybe an easy one for you lot, but how do you record the midi parts to audio through cubase. With my old sb live it was simply put it to wave record in the control panel. For the delta 66, god knows! Tried every concievable combination of settings, but it still doesn\'t work.
    Got some nice double bass gigasamples for the person who can give me an answer! (sorry, but bribery sometimes works!)

Just a general thing. Why does it take so bloody long to set up software and iron out the problems with a computer!!
    As quite a newby to the computer side of recording, i\'m spending nearly all my time sorting out the problems rather than getting down to recording anything.
    If you were a guitarist and you spent most your time tuning the thing, i bet it would be taken back for another pretty soon! (sorry about the moan, but frustration point is being hit!)

Hi,
    Try to use the \"capture to wave\" box from GigaStudio and import the wave file to cubase: it\' s so easy !
    I have GigaStudio 96, Cubase VST 5 and Delta 66.
    And try to use the new drivers from Delta 66 for multi-client audio.

Have a nice day

Chouine from Paris

i think i tried that, but when i switched to gigastudio to capture the sound the sounds stopped in cubase (usually happens when i\'m going back and forth from cubase to giga)
    Got the new drivers (much better aren\'t they!)
    Also, mate, i can\'t change the sample rate in cubase (its stuck at 41khz and says external clock? when i try, even with only cubase open) do you have this problem and what can i do to change sample rates.
    Thanks in advance!

Hi,

When using 2 machines (and maybe just one), in Cubase menu Options/Synchronisation, set sync out/MIDI clock to \'on\' (bottom left on the dialogue box). You might need to set the MIDI output to send the sync to as well. 10 minutes experimentation in this screen will likely fix the problem.

There is a detailed description of MIDI Machine Control (MMC) in the Cubase \'Tape Tracks.pdf\' manual. It partly applies to Gigastudio, but the bottom line is that GS is playing dumb and Nemesys need to implement MMC way better for today\'s sequencers.

You can have multiclient audio with your Delta 66 (try the new driver and choose the sample rate you want).

I hope it will help you ....

Have a nice day
    Chouine from Paris

Brilliant!
    I will have a go when i get home!
    If you need any giga samples, give me a shout!!

Go Back to forum