• Register
  • Help

Topic: DVDs and imovie

Share/Bookmark

DVDs and imovie

sponsored links

***Advertisments***
    Hello All,

Quick question. I am trying to figure out a way to copy DVDs and/or VHS Cassettes into imovie. I am strictly doing this to create my own demo reel using my music over certain scenes. So, I don\'t think there should be any legal issues in doing this. I am using an ADVC 100 as my converter. Right now when I try to digitize a scene from VHS the picture quality is extremely poor. Anyone know of any software and/or hardware products that will alleviate this problem? Thanks in advance.

-Gavin

Re: DVDs and imovie

Originally posted by Gavin:
    Hello All,

Quick question. I am trying to figure out a way to copy DVDs and/or VHS Cassettes into imovie. I am strictly doing this to create my own demo reel using my music over certain scenes. So, I don\'t think there should be any legal issues in doing this. I am using an ADVC 100 as my converter. Right now when I try to digitize a scene from VHS the picture quality is extremely poor. Anyone know of any software and/or hardware products that will alleviate this problem? Thanks in advance.

-Gavin
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Maybe the ADVC is picking up the Macrovision copy protection? Try taping something off TV onto a blank VHS and then import that through the ADVC.

As for DVD\'s, you\'d get a much better quality if you skipped going through an external box. I know there\'s plenty of freeware utils for the PC for \"ripping\" DVD\'s and converting them to MPEG, I haven\'t really looked on the Mac side yet.

Hey, look at that.. post # 213. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Go Back to forum