• Register
  • Help

Topic: GigaStudio/Sampler outdated and absolute

Share/Bookmark

GigaStudio/Sampler outdated and absolute

Ever wondered why you keep having msv32.dll problems, ASIO clicks/pops etc.. Well easily said, because of gigasampler/studio. The guys their sit still to long and now are going to pay the price for lacking innovative (zoned aftertouch for example) solutions. Their support is zero and they really want cash !!! you have to put all reg. **** in order to download their latest update, which most of the times solves NOTHING!

If you have CubaseVST32 buy HALION or, if you have Logic Audio 4.7 buy ESX24, they are far more stable, consumes far less power and it works safely inside your favourite sequencer.

Re: GigaStudio/Sampler outdated and absolute

I have never had any of the above problems. What am I doing wrong?

Michael

That\'s amazing. Sunk must have sunk his computer. I\'ve never had any of his problems either. Very few problems with my setup and I only use one system for everything!

Well, can\'t complain that much either. The GSt seems to be quite advanced compared to other things I\'ve tried so far.
    On the other hand I am still waiting (cca 2 months)for Nemesys to replay to my question regarding registration. I reinstalled my computer and Gigastudio won\'t accept my registration code any more. Do I have to register again and again every time I reinstall my computer? Nemesys, can you hear me?...
    Ondrej

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by ondrej:
    Well, can\'t complain that much either. The GSt seems to be quite advanced compared to other things I\'ve tried so far.
    On the other hand I am still waiting (cca 2 months)for Nemesys to replay to my question regarding registration. I reinstalled my computer and Gigastudio won\'t accept my registration code any more. Do I have to register again and again every time I reinstall my computer? Nemesys, can you hear me?...
    Ondrej
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Why did you reinstall?

Michael

My experience is that a legitimate company would not do something so underhanded and unethical as you are suggesting. I believe the poster \"sunk\" is just a rogue poster with a goal of having some \"fun.\" I don\'t think that a successful marketing department would think for a moment that one or two outrageous and unsupported remarks out of the blue in an exchange forum for a successful product would make any difference.

BTW, I heard some time back that the new SoundsOnLine product \"Prosamples\" was supposed to include Halion support but they had to drop it because Steinburg was way behind schedule in Halon development. I don\'t know if that has changed. The samples are due out July 22.

clueless

gigaDiga, thanks.
    I kind of sensed already I will have to register again. Now I can see that someone else has the same opinion.
    As for why I reinstalled, my GSt never worked properly being installed into an existing setup. So I reinstalled my computer from the scratch. And it was really good decision. Everything works well now.
    Ondrej

In reply to skunk,

Well we have used GS160 to sample into Logic Audio 4.7.2. without problem on a Frontier Design Dakota/Montana rig with Sierra MIDI expansion rack. Driver v2.08. Just because you are experiencing some difficulties with your setup does not immediately lead to the conclusion that GS160 is not up to par. We are quite happy with our gear and software.

Regards

Hans& Rob
    Marpole Studios

I visited Harmony Central the other day and noticed the Halion press release.

How well implemented can its hard disk streaming be if they don\'t even mention it as a feature???

I only bought Giga because of this feature in combination with its 160 note polyphony. I\'m not interested in going backwards on the basics.

Sunk sounds like a steinberg skunk to me... especially seeing as he\'s only posted 3 mails at the forum, each time recommending people to dump GigaStudio for either EXS24 or Halion.
    Forum members will remember that even I got excited about a week back about Halion. But, upon closer inspection, it would appear that it simply can NOT do what GigaStudio can do at the moment. So it\'s not really a serious contender... but it might become one in the future.
    Sunk... if you really are a legitimate GigaStudio user why haven\'t you aired your greivances on this site before. There are alot of people here who are very clever and I\'m sure they could help you.

Unfortunately I suspect that Steinberg thought it would deliberately sell Halion in a cloud of mystique, leaving their website bereft of any real information on what Halions specs actually are. It hoped that people might buy into Halion based on rumour and it perhaps hoped that, because it streams from disk, people would believe/fear it to be as good as GigaStudio. They probably hoped that it would create a devastating stir in the GigaStudio community. It did create a little stir... through the thred which I unfortunately started... but we all came to the conclusion that it didn\'t look like a beefy enough program yet and therefore didn\'t warrant getting too excited over. Perhaps steinberg hoped that we\'d be more panicked and come flocking to Halion... but we didn\'t. Enter `sunk` who seems to be only intent on stirring up anti-Giga sentiment without actually asking for help.
    Perhaps you are just an innocent bystander `sunk` and this is all an elaborate tale of mine.... but I do enjoy a good story don\'t you?

and ondrej.... yes you do have to register with nemesys all over again

Go Back to forum