• Register
  • Help

Topic: Demo

sponsored links

Hello everyone, this is my first post here. I thought I\'d put up a piece and get some opinons on it.

Ive been playing guitar in bands for about 7 years now, got nowhere. So I made the difficult decision to sell some of my gear and set myself up to attempt to make music for games.

Wish me luck [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

P.S. Has anyone every used the MIDI attachment for an electric guitar as a controller? If so, did it work?

Re: Demo

Hi Dajo and welcome,

the piece was fine. What I liked was that you did make a good use of your motive theme and developed it little throughout the piece. Many users which posts demo here, don\'t develop their motive/themes enough for my taste.

However, if I should pick out something which was less good was that you didn\'t explore the harmony world enough. Try to modulate to different keys etc. then your pieces really get life of its own.

Anyway, good job and keep them coming! [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Hey falcon, thanks for the comments. Im still getting my feet wet here, but I will definatly keep some key changes in mind.

I love the motive. Impressive and powerful.

In a cue this length I don\'t feel there would be any reason for a full modulation.

But, the canonic entrances of the theme would become more dramatic with a change to the fifth or fourth for alternating entrances. This could be diatonic or chromatic.

Great work,

Go Back to forum