• Register
  • Help

Topic: Latency in SIR?

Latency in SIR?

sponsored links

I can\'t play and live with that amount of delay but I suppose it\'s normal due to the nature of the beast. Is there anybody here using it? How and why?

Alex Cremers

Re: Latency in SIR?

I use it and am quite happy with it. I just don\'t use it while tracking. I throw it on the main stereo bus during final mix. It does wonders on top of SoundStage (Cakewalk FX3), which I use to give each instrument a unique place in the stereo stage.

I\'d point you to two demos I uploaded on MP3.com, but they\'re having database issues and the pieces haven\'t been approved a week and a half later. Could this be the death throes of MP3.com?

I guess my point is SIR is something that only makes sense as a final mix item. Isn\'t latency mostly a tracking issue?

Steve Chandler

Re: Latency in SIR?

Well, like Thomas (ahem) I mix while I\'m composing and I compose while I\'m mixing. I think I will always need instant reverbs. The thought of recording track after track on harddisk, then adding reverb and placing it, one by one, makes me go [img]graemlins/tounge_images/icons/smile.gif[/img] .

Alex Cremers

Go Back to forum