• Register
  • Help

Topic: Scarbee banner slowdowns my system?

Scarbee banner slowdowns my system?

sponsored links

well, I know the computer I use for browsing isn´t precisely up to date, but seeing how it´s the only banner over the net that slowdowns my computer I thought would give a touch of attention.

It´s more than noticiable. I mean, it takes more than 10 seconds for me to be able to click anything when that banner appears and the cursor and system really suffers. I usually hit refresh to force another random banner to appear.

Really, it´s not that I hate Scarbee people or anything [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] I waited for a couple of weeks to see if the banner was changed but as it seems it´s here to stay I thought I would comment on this issue in case someone else has the same problem.

Of course if I´m the only one with this problem just leave it there and I´ll bear it as long as it stays...Scarbee people, time to renew the internet ads! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Re: Scarbee banner slowdowns my system?

Sometimes flash animation can chew the CPU as it uses a lot of vector graphics and motion blur, that type of thing. It would be surprising for a small banner ad to cause this problem though.

you\'re not the only one.

I refreshed until Scarbees ad came up and my CPU jumps up about 15% to 20%

I think it is all of those motion blur effects. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Its funny cause when I learnt multimedia and web design we were always taught to keep image file sizes down to a minimum. With flash you actually have to keep an eye on CPU usage!

Mine too...

Go Back to forum