• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Konduz

Share/Bookmark

Konduz

Doctors Without Borders. Four of the Doctors died with 26 patients,nurses and staff, the hospital leveled. USA bombs were responsible, it was no accident, a direct order was issued by USA authorities and repeated attacks were involved till total destruction of the only modern hospital in Afghanistan.
    An outrage and deep sorrow for the victims.

Ted

https://app.box.com/s/yvxu6ctqg1jk6n3jabo01l1vat3b9w10

Re: Konduz

Bummer, Ted, but what does this have to do with music and Garritan Software specifically. If you wish to post political editorials,please fiind a forum someplace other than here.

American Afganistan Veteran.

Indeed, what this has to do with music? Well, music is one way to express one's feelings, that is the reason I posted my music, using all Garritan. If you think I am posting for political reasons, you are wrong. I wanted to share my reaction to this blunder, musically. By the way, I am also a veteran of the 2nd big one, I was on the wrong side for you, but disagreed with the, at the time, political leaders of my country, while I served faithfully. I probably, inadvertently, touched a sore point with you, and for this I apologize. But I do not apologize for posting my music.
    I hope you have a nice day.

Ted

To take issue with who made the attack is political, but to take issue with the tragic loss of life and the emotional chaos such an event causes is artistic and human. Perhaps there is a bit of both here, but the essence of the music soars with the lost souls of the innocent as well as the combatants. Regardless of who made the mistake, who used patients as shields, who gave the order - all of that and more - it resulted in death without purpose. That, I believe, is what the music is presenting.

Tom

It made me cry. What a mess we have made of the world.

How can I be apolitical, when such thing can occur. I have befriended one of the Doctors Without Borders and he, unassuming hero of mine, did not even think that he is doing extraordinary things. I don't think he was a victim in Konduz, he was based in Africa, but just thinking of him, his total dedication to his role, makes me cry that such action is answered by cruel death. And yes, I am a pacifist, because I experienced war, which is no answer to anything at all.
    I promise to shut up now, and thanks for the responses.

Ted

Hi Ted,

A wise man with a big heart has spoken in music and in his personal opinion. What can be wrong with that? You have put down your very emotions in a moving score without becoming melodramatic. Fantastic! What beautiful music this is. The bass drum is very effective here: The restless heart beat of the world's conscience must be kept awake. You've invited the listening world to reflect on human behaviour. Humans, 'social' beings... The composer as a messenger.

Thanks a lot for this wonderful and so well composed impression.
    Max

Hi Ted.
    Can you tell us what kind of instrumentation you scored this for?
    The overall tone is —positively— haunting.
    I agree with Max on the effective use of the bass drum,
    yet I would prefer a more subtle remainder than a restless one.
    It's a matter of taste —you wrote it, it must fit to your poetics,
    not mine.
    Thank you for sharing.
    Fabio
    Arrigo Beyle / Milanese / Lived, wrote, loved -- Stendhal
    Being Italian is a full-time job -- B. Severgnini

Hello Tom:

No argument here, to describe what happened, without telling who did it, would be silly, your President apologized already, no secrets revealed at all. Being "political" is what is needed in a democracy, it is a citizen (in my case the citizen of the world) duty to be political, at least in MHO.
    Thanks for your understanding. I am ready to criticize your, or any government, including my own Canadian government, and I regularly write to my politicians, and, sometimes I am listened to, and sometimes even they are acting on my suggestions.
    I do blame the citizen who is under the usual " I am OK Jack" syndrome, and does not vote, does not participate in POLITICS.
    For I was restricted to voice an opinion for years, lost out on my chosen calling because I opened my mouth. so I believe it is absolutely PRECIOUS, that you can freely talk, and not talking is neglecting your duty.
    Please believe me Tom, I think it is every ones sacred duty to voice an opinion, to criticize, to demand justice, to demand responsibility for a crime. Because it is a CRIME to kill even one innocent human being in order to punish and kill a criminal.
    Again, thanks for your response.

Ted

Thanks Michael. I cried too practically through my composing.
    As I cry, when I hear music, when I see how beautiful talents we can see, and how wonderful life could be if power, money, greed would be eliminated from this little spec of the Universe.
    Thanks again for your tears.

Ted

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast