• Register
  • Help

Topic: Anyone has a MOTU 2408 Mk2 ???

Anyone has a MOTU 2408 Mk2 ???

sponsored links

i have a Motu 2408 and it worked very good all the time, but know i bought a new computer:

Mobo: Asus A7N8X
    Athlon 2,6 ghz and 1,2 Gb RAM
    and a 4x Graphic Card, but the Mainboard is 8x AGP

...and now the Motu totally sucks.

I just ask because is the MainProblem the 8x AGP slot with a 4x GraCard or is maybe the Motherboard or the whole computer technique too new for this, in the meantime very old soundcard???

I know several guys who sold their Motu 2408 mk2 because when they upgraded the system the card caused problems like hell.

I play with the thought to sell the Motu, because i don\'t know where to go with that problem. I installed the Motu just for fun in my games and internet computer and it worked without problems.

The thing is, i can\'t buy a hundred MoBos and everytime setup my system anew...

so if i sell maybe, which soundcard you experienced a very good but not too expensive one, compared the Motu 2408 is around 1100$...

i currently also have a Motu 828 device, but i mainly use it for my laptop and its pretty hard to disconnect all the cables and stuff each time i am on the road [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img]

Re: Anyone has a MOTU 2408 Mk2 ???

Hi Waywyn,

I own one and it works beautifully.

Are you using a firewire port from your motherboard.

From the MOTU website...
    There\'s an incompatibility between the NEC chip found in some Firewire cards and the motu firewire line of interface.

If the firewire installer warns you that you\'re running a Firewire card with the NEC chip, you should replace said card with a card that uses the TI (Texas Instruments) or Lucent chip. Keyspan, Sonnet and ADS are a few of the many brands using the TI or Lucent firewire chips.

Please check with the manufacturer of the firewire card before purchasing it to ensure it has the TI or Lucent chip.
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Before selling your interface, I would reccomend checking if your firewire card that uses this chip.

Hope this helps,
    Ben Ripley

first of all thx ben,

i hope i understood you right, but my firewire interface totally runs cool, with the firewire chip of the PC,

but my motu 2408mkII with the PCI 324 card doesnt work on my PC. Or did you mean, the firewire chip affects the motu pci card ???

I\'m sorry. I misread your post. I thought you said 828mk2 which is a firewire interface.

I\'ve read however that you can upgrade your PCI card to a newer one for $50. This was because the old PCI cards don\'t work in the PCI slot of the G5\'s. This might be of use to you.

Good luck.

i think you just confused something...

i have an 828 AND a 2408mk2, maybe thats why [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

but i think you misread it in terms of the OS, i have an athlon 2,6 ghz and win xp...

but do you know if its possible to change my pci card to a newer one also for pc systems ??

I realize you\'re on an XP system but I\'m just pointing out that Motu has released new PCI cards
    (the reason was because of the new Macs). But they may solve your problem also.

Anyways it wouldn\'t hurt to ask your music store sales rep or Motu about it.

Good luck,

Go Back to forum