• Register
  • Help

Topic: Favor needed

Favor needed

sponsored links

Hi All,

There is a competition for composers in the early stages of their professional career (I think that would include me). Here\'s a link.

If you\'ve been following my postings you know I\'ve been arranging a 3 movement work as a symphony for orchestra. My problem is only one work may be submitted for consideration. The favor I need is your help in picking which movement of the three would be most likely to be successful. I invite everyone to listen and post comments, your input will be greatly appreciated. Here are the links;

Yesterday is History

Tomorrow is a Mystery

Today is a Gift (new arrangement has just gone live)

I thank you in advance for your input.

Re: Favor needed

Hi Steve,
    I was trying to listen to your music, but I don\'t know how to get it. Can you post a link which goes directly to the mp3s?
    Curious to hear your music,

Hi Markus,

It seems MP3.com has been under some sort of internet attack. From what I hgear they are having dns issues. I can\'t get to the site either, but the links seem to work. They look above like they\'ve been truncated so let me post them again. Try these links.

Yesterday is History

Tomorrow is a Mystery

Today is a Gift

I appreciate your interest, let me know if you have problems accessing the music. Thank you.

Steve Chandler

Tomorrow is a Mystery. Very nice piece.

I do, however, think you should consider some new brass samples, or at least EQ them differently. They sound a little tinny. What are you using?

Hi Rob,

Thanks for the kind words on Tomorrow...

The brass samples are SAM Horns and Bones, the free SAM Trumpets (which IS pretty bright at high velocities) and Dan Dean\'s solo trumpet (which I do EQ for a rounder tone). I\'m still learning the finer points of production and I\'ll do some more work on it with your comments in mind.

Does anyone else have an opinion? Thanks.

Does anyone else care to offer an opinion?

The juvenile child from the orchestration thread agrees with robgb that Tomorrow is a Mystery is the best choice out of those three.

Hi Judas,

Thanks for the input. I appreciate your opinion.

For the record I never called you juvenile. I personally think that those who enjoy the role of \"thorn in the side\" are valuable in testing those of us who think we are soooo patient and \"above it all.\" You did Rob a favor and I believe he learned something from the experience.

Thanks to all who responded.

Steve Chandler

Go Back to forum