• Register
  • Help

Topic: SX2 plugin quality

SX2 plugin quality

sponsored links

I am relatively new to Cubase SX and just got my version 2.0 update and have decided to finally switch from Logic 5.5 (PC) to SX2.
    In Logic I used some plugins from my Waves Gold bundle, especially the EQ\'s and S1.
    What is the reputation of the integrated EQ and the VST plugins provided with Cubase SX2? Are they comparable (or better) to the Waves 4.0 plugins?

Re: SX2 plugin quality

Hi Peter, dam, I just typed a reply and lost it for some reason! Anyway here it is in shorthand [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] .....

- I asked the same question myself, didn\'t get much clarification.

- I think the inbuilt verbs are still pretty crap. I\'m using SIR and posted a reply to you here about that

- I think the EQ\'s are ok but wonder if the filters are as of a high quality compared to something like Waves or another proprietary plug-in.

Sorry Peter, I\'m no expert myself, but I read that SX 2 is written from the same code-base as Nuendo 2. It might be my imagination, but SX 2 seems clearer. Others have said this too.

I am especially interested to hear about the built-in EQ. For reverb I use offline impulses from Ernest Cholakis (on audio submixes) or the Timeworks 4080L plugin (during midi word).

BTW, great pieces on your site [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img] Really nice production too as far as my humble ears are concerned.

Are you working professionally? If not, you should be. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Hehee, thanks.
    No, I am an independent IT consultant. But I am busy with setting up my studio and studying orchestration, harmony, etc. Maybe once... [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Go Back to forum