• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Topic: A Democrats Resume' War or Peace?

Share/Bookmark

A Democrats Resume\' War or Peace?

sponsored links

***Advertisments***
    Just facts - No rant:

Woodrow Wilson (Democrat) Declaration of War 4/6/1917 W.W.I.
    136,516 Americans servicemen lost their lives

Warren G. Harding (Republican) Treaty 8/29/1921 Treaty of Versailles

Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democrat) Declaration of War 12/8/1941 W.W.II.
    500,000 American servicemen lost their lives

Harry Truman (Democrat) Dropped Atomic Bomb 8/6/1945
    200,000 non-combatant civilians lost their lives

Harry Truman (Democrat) Declaration of War 6/25/1950 Korean War
    37,000 American servicemen lost their lives

Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican) Treaty 7/27/1953 Korean War Armistice
    July 27th 1953 Korean War Armistice signed at the 38th paralell

John Fitzgerald Kennedy (Democrat) Declaration of War 8/8/1965 Vietnam
    55,000 American servicemen lost their lives

Richard M. Nixon (Republican) Treaty 1/27/1973
    United States, North Vietnam, South Vietnam, and the NLF\'s provisional revolutionary government.

Wanna discuss the 1980\'s and 1990\'s facts? I will gladly display it in FACT ONLY format as above.

Re: A Democrats Resume\' War or Peace?

Ussualy I don\'t get in to politics here, but this one is truly great...

hehehe

If only politics and world was so binary simple..
    Bad dudes declare war and good dudes sign treaty.

AleX

Bad dudes declare war and good dudes sign treaty.
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Yep, that about sums it up. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

I really like this. It does completely ignore recent history, but atleast it\'s factual in a sense. Why did you not include REAGAN\'s and Bush 1 and 2\'s wars, by the way? It discredits you.

But this list says nothing. Are we to assume that the people who sign treaties are good, and those who enter wars evil?

Nixon signed the peace treaty because we lost the war.

Roosevelt shouldn\'t have entered WWII after the attack on Pearl Harbor?

Should Lincoln have ignored the attack on Fort Sumter and the confederate troops trying to take Washington, DC?

Your list of unlawful wars waged by democrats is fine. Vietnam and the A-bomb in particular.

What has the office roaring with laughter (thanks for the good time here), is the apparant light in which you state these facts. It appears to be a republican tantrum along the lines of:

\"Hey, they got to do it and now we can\'t wage OUR unlawful wars in peace! bwaaaaaa!! Leave us alone while we bomb who ever we want! Look, look -- other people got to do it too!!!\"

If Gore was in office and had gone to war, Nick would be posting his resumé too, you know?

Hiroshima, Nagasaki, Vietnam and Irak are ALL wrong. Does it matter what particular flavour of right-wing politician was in office at the time?

Leon,

I post NAMES - DATES - PARTY - AND EVENT and you extrapolate all that?

VIVID IMAGINATION! Says allot about you and made all of *US* here in the studio roll on the floor.

What YOU did was spin what I posted.

Entertain us some more & tell us what you glean from this fact:

TODAY IS FRIDAY OCTOBER 17th 2003.

Anything?

Nick,

Exactly what did you think I meant when I said:
    \"Wanna discuss the 1980\'s and 1990\'s facts? I will gladly display it in FACT ONLY format as above\"
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Since you did such a great job with your \"Green Party\" [img]images/icons/rolleyes.gif[/img] *ahem* rant about Bush 2 and the current Iraq war - I\'ll let YOU continue to entertain with that.

All you needed to do was ask;

George Bush 1 (Republican) Aug 1990 - IRAQ
    Gulf War 1 - Desert Storm
    147 servicemen lost their lives

George Bush 1 (Republican) Dec 1989 - PANAMA
    U.S. paratrooper strike on Panama to oust and capture military strongman Manuel Noriega.

Ronald Reagan (Republican) April 1986 - LIBYA
    U.S. Air & Naval forces attack Libyan coastal bases in retaliation for Libyan-directed terrorist attacks on U.S. targets.
    2 Air Force servicemen lost their lives

Ronald Reagan (Republican) Oct 1983 - GRENADA
    U.S. troops, to protect American citizens after leftist coup.
    18 U.S. servicemen lost their lives

Ronald Reagan (Republican) Oct 1983 - LEBANON
    U.S. Marines peacekeeping force.
    241 United States Servicemen lost their lives (killed by a suicide truck-bomb)

James Carter (Democrat) April 1980 - IRAN
    Mission to rescue 53 American embassy hostages in Iran
    8 Americans killed

By posting in reaction to Nick\'s \"resume\" thread with a list of Democrat wrong doings, and by omitting similar Republican acts, it didn\'t require any vivid imagination, I promise. As Nick said, it discredits you when you only post half the picture. Your childish \"I will dissuade everyone from buying Nick\'s samples\" (posted elsewhere) adds greatly to my reading between your lines

So, now you post a Republican list. OK then, what\'s your point? What are you trying to tell us?

And what\'s so wrong with what Nick is doing? You are both just posting hard facts. He seeks the truth.

Seriously, what is your point exactly?

\"...you live in a country where institutionalised, heavy censorship is commonplace (cambodia, the united states of america, north korea, etc.)...\"
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Did that get cencored? It did not. And this sums up my point for all my postings:

If we really lived in a over policed state run by spooks in black town cars and helocopters from the top on down - we wouldn\'t be allowed to post any of this.

I\'ve been in other countries where if we posted what we did. We\'d never post ANYTHING again.

This is why the rest of world hates us.

Please - please, just think about it. I just want you all to keep thinking - no hard feelings.

Thanks for engaging in the debate - it shows you\'re still pokin\' around the edges.

[img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast