• Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Was Bill Clinton a W.M.D.?

Share/Bookmark

Was Bill Clinton a W.M.D.?

sponsored links

***Advertisments***
    Just the facts - No rants:

Bill Clinton launched military strikes 6 different times against Iraq (at least):

Clinton Bombs Iraq: On January 21, 1993, shortly after his inauguration, U.S. aircraft fired at targets in Iraq after pilots sensed Iraqi radar or anti-aircraft fire directed at them.

Clinton Bombs Iraq: April 9, and April 18, 1993 U.S. warplanes bombed & fired missiles at Iraqi anti-aircraft sites which had tracked U.S. aircraft.

Clinton Bombs Iraq: June 26, 1993 U.S. naval forces launched missiles against the Iraqi Intelligence Service\'s headquarters in Baghdad response to attempt to assassinate former President Bush in Kuwait in April 1993.

Clinton Bombs Iraq: June 19, 1993 a U.S. aircraft had fired a missile at an Iraqi anti-aircraft site displaying hostile intent. U.S. planes also bombed an Iraqi missile battery on August 19, 1993.

Clinton Bombs Iraq: January, 1995 The US and its allies started a 42-day round-the-clock air and missile bombardment of lraq, targeting civilian and service facilities.

Clinton Bombs Iraq: Dec. 19, 1998 \"Earlier today, I ordered America\'s armed forces to strike military and security targets in Iraq. ... Their mission is to attack Iraq\'s nuclear, chemical and biological weapons programs and its military capacity to threaten its neighbors.” Bill Clinton

[img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img] WHAT?!?! Could he be refering to WMD\'s? [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img]

Then there\'s Clinton’s other military maneuvers:

SERBIA - March 24th 1999

SUDAN & AFGHANISTAN - August 20th 1998

YUGOSLAVIA - 2/94 through 9/95

MACEDONIA - July 9, 1993

SOMALIA - 1992 through 1994

HAITI - September 1994

BOSNIA - April 1993

Re: Was Bill Clinton a W.M.D.?

good points.

Very good point. It makes it hard to believe Iraq was much of a threat after all those bombings.

Dave

[img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Soooooo you\'re saying bombing Iraq was a good thing?

Originally posted by Think_About_It:
    Soooooo you\'re saying bombing Iraq was a good thing?
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">These are all good points. Clinton was no choirboy. But how, may I ask, does this justify Bush kicking the weapons inspectors out of Iraq, making a unilateral, illegal attack against the nation after failing to get support from the UN by using blantantly false evidence?

The questions remain -- WHERE are the WMDs? Why did Bush falsify evidence? When will our troops be taken out of harm\'s way?

But how, may I ask, does this justify Bush kicking the weapons inspectors out of Iraq
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">That was Saddam that did that.

making a unilateral, illegal attack against the nation after failing to get support from the UN by using blantantly false evidence?
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">I\'ll answer why Bush did that if you answer why Clinton did the exact same thing.

When will our troops be taken out of harm\'s way?
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">I completely agree with you on that. But I remember (not being sarcastic either - just thinking it over) a whole slew of democrat senators and the like whinning about how we too quickly pulled out the first time there.

But I do agree. Help where we can, finish the hell up ASAP, and bring \'em home.

btw Thanks rob for not getting personal - I might be persuaded with well though out debate rather then with statements like: \"this is why the whole world hates you\".

[img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Saddam did not kick out the inspectors. At least try to find out what you\'re talking about

Washington Post:

\"Saddam Hussein has not honored the commitments Iraq agreed to when it lost the Persian Gulf War in 1991. Saddam Hussein promised to allow United Nations inspectors in to make sure Iraq stopped developing weapons of mass destruction. For seven years, the Iraqi regime deliberately attempted to conceal their prohibited weapons from inspectors, all the while continuing to develop their weapons of mass destruction capabilities. Now in 1998, Saddam kicked out those inspectors and has not allowed them to return.\"

Originally posted by Think_About_It:
    Washington Post:

\"Saddam Hussein has not honored the commitments Iraq agreed to when it lost the Persian Gulf War in 1991. Saddam Hussein promised to allow United Nations inspectors in to make sure Iraq stopped developing weapons of mass destruction. For seven years, the Iraqi regime deliberately attempted to conceal their prohibited weapons from inspectors, all the while continuing to develop their weapons of mass destruction capabilities. Now in 1998, Saddam kicked out those inspectors and has not allowed them to return.\"
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Saddam did not kick the inspectors out.

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast