• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Fugue in Bb Minor from The 48 (book 1)

Share/Bookmark

Fugue in Bb Minor from The 48 (book 1)

I've been longing to do this for so long! This is one of the few 5-part fugues in J.S. Bach's Preludes and Fugues. Here it is played by me, on 5 different voices from the organ in GPO.

I just live for those pedal entrances!

Best wishes to all
    Owen

__________________________________________________ _________________
    My website: www.tunespace.net

Re: Fugue in Bb Minor from The 48 (book 1)

Super job, Mister Englishperson! You are quite a keyboard man. I envy you.

I could listen to Herr Bach twenty-four hours a day. His musical abilities have never been matched by any other person in the Universe and beyond. What a true genius this man was.

Thanks for posting this, Mister Owen.

Best,

Larry Alexander

Quote Originally Posted by larryalex1 View Post
    Super job, Mister Englishperson! You are quite a keyboard man. I envy you.

I could listen to Herr Bach twenty-four hours a day. His musical abilities have never been matched by any other person in the Universe and beyond. What a true genius this man was.

Thanks for posting this, Mister Owen.

Best,

Larry Alexander
    Thank you Mr Texasperson! I have to admit I cheated a bit a recorded each of the five parts separately. But then again, Mr Donald Francis Tovey told me to do so.

Recording it like that also increased my appreciation for his genius. My brain just can't fully get round all that's going on!

To keep in with the style, Mr Owen it is nice. I do not care how you put it in, it sounds great. I know what you mean by the pedals coming in, some times when I did put down my foot on a D, and the bench is trembled under me, resonating deeply, why it was worth the whole effort and I am sure Mr. JSB felt the same creating it.
    Thanks, I certainly would not volunteer to try to play it now, maybe not even 60 years ago...

Ted

Quote Originally Posted by tedvanya View Post
    To keep in with the style, Mr Owen it is nice. I do not care how you put it in, it sounds great. I know what you mean by the pedals coming in, some times when I did put down my foot on a D, and the bench is trembled under me, resonating deeply, why it was worth the whole effort and I am sure Mr. JSB felt the same creating it.
    Thanks, I certainly would not volunteer to try to play it now, maybe not even 60 years ago...

Ted
    There is one single low D in this work, and I love how it sounds in my headphones! I swear you can hear the individual air vibrations.

Glad you liked it, and thanks for commenting!

After hearing this elegant piece, superbly realized by the Gent, I cannot disagree with Mr. Larry, Bach's genius is incomparable. I listened to it while dusk fell on this cloudy day in Maine, and it was like a beacon piercing the deepening shadows. To think how long a journey this music had, to reach me here in 2015, and still be so timeless, so, well, eternal is the only way to put it; it gives me solace, as the darkest days of Winter approach.

Quote Originally Posted by michael diemer View Post
    After hearing this elegant piece, superbly realized by the Gent, I cannot disagree with Mr. Larry, Bach's genius is incomparable. I listened to it while dusk fell on this cloudy day in Maine, and it was like a beacon piercing the deepening shadows. To think how long a journey this music had, to reach me here in 2015, and still be so timeless, so, well, eternal is the only way to put it; it gives me solace, as the darkest days of Winter approach.
    It's funny you should mention timelessness. While looking for a 5-instrument version of this work, I came across a copy of Bach's original manuscript. I began to visualize him actually writing it all those years ago, and wondering what he would make of what I was about to do with it (virtual recording in my living room). It gave me quite an odd feeling to think of how long ago it was written.

good stops management and conduct... just a bit of rythmic fluctuation maybe missing...

I enjoied it by the way,
    cheers
    FV

Quote Originally Posted by Fabio View Post
    good stops management and conduct... just a bit of rythmic fluctuation maybe missing...

I enjoied it by the way,
    cheers
    FV
    Thanks. Good point about the rhythmic fluctuation. That's what comes of recording it one voice at a time!

I enjoyed the J.S. Bach fugue Owen.

It is really complicated and I'm sure takes a lot of concentration to perform.

It reminds me of singing Handel's Missiah with all the fuguing and vocal gymnastics. Hopefully before the first performance the choir was finally at least ending together. If you didn't keep count of the measures you would become completely disoriented.

Phil

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast