• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Topic: Members, wake up.

Share/Bookmark

Members, wake up.

Without patting myself on the shoulder, I am trying to keep this forum alive, and feel overexposed when I see my name way too often as one who is posting and replying to the rare postings of others.
    When I see that some of the postings have 300-800 visitors, and reaction to this number of visits only 2-15 comments, I despair. It really looks, that the one cohesive force (rbowser)leaving the Forum, actually destroyed it.
    There are so many good talents here, so obvious good will to help, development of many long distance friendship, encompassing the world from Italy to Belgium, from England to Texas, it would be a shame to let it further disintegrate.
    Please, take the 1 or 2 minutes and reply, criticize, praise what you hear or see, I am lonely.
    And, to my US friends, hope you enjoy your turkey, happy Thanksgiving!

Re: Members, wake up.

Italy, present!
    Fabio
    Arrigo Beyle / Milanese / Lived, wrote, loved -- Stendhal
    Being Italian is a full-time job -- B. Severgnini

Hungary and Canada present!

Wisconsin, USA Present!!!
    Serenity Musician Productions (Gary A.)

Lenovo ThinksStation S30, Windows 10 Professional 64-bit, 20 gig ram, 2 terabyte hd., M-Audio Fast Track, Finale25, Sonar Professional

North Dakota surviving the -4 degree temperature. Also in the midst of acting in a local stage production and creating church CDs. But I am here. Honest.

Tom

Another Canadian here!

I do listen to what is posted in the listening room, and may occasionally post a comment once and again, but I am a fairly quiet person by nature. Add to that the fact that I am a self-taught amateur with virtually no musical training, I hardly feel qualified to say anything about much of what I hear, let alone even know what to say at all.

So, I do apologize for this. Perhaps an, "I enjoyed this, thanks for posting," reply could be nice, but I would honestly feel pretty weird if that was all I ever could offer as well...
    -- Matt Wong

Connecticut, USA here. Haven't been active in awhile. I'll try to participate going forward.

Chris

A very drowsy UK resident from Wellingborough, Northants. logging in.

John.
    Author of MIDI tutorials at http://midi-tutor.proboards.com/index.cgi

well, from icy northern Italy, I have to be honest:

- it was by the way one of the most interesting human and musical experiences I had on the web, and at the time I joined the community, GPO was THE best value for money. Some better sounds were around but expensive or unflexible, some cheap products were around but with ridicolous electronic sound, so finally GPO was simply the best choice to have fun and make orchestral music if you were not a Pro.

- I suppose that the amazing product, the friendly owner and moderators were creating a magic athmosphere and it was lasting for years!

- today I see the product as a piece of history, and I'm no longer able of listening to his weakness being I now owning so advanced tools and so powerful computers... so I feel a bit off topic here if I had to post music made with VSL and Samplemodeling, and I had some bad feelings in the past when the discussion was going to senseless comparisons... so I left.

- Still I remember all my good fellows and friends and still I love the glorious memories of this site, so sometime I'm back looking around and saying hallo!

All the best to you all, dear old fellows, never give up, take care and enjoy
    Fabio

Greetings from Southern Indiana, USA! (Originally England)
    __________________________________________________ _________________
    My website: www.tunespace.net

Go Back to forum