• Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: CENSORSHIP....are you guys seeing this

Share/Bookmark
    Senior Member Bruce A. Richardson's Avatar

CENSORSHIP....are you guys seeing this

sponsored links

***Advertisments***
    My topic asking why we are being censored was just deleted folks. WATCH.

Re: CENSORSHIP....are you guys seeing this

Nope. I just posted one asking what the heck?

Sample Libraries Previous Posts Moderators: Why are on-topic threads being bumped to OFF TOPIC??? by Bruce A. Richardson 11-11-2003 09:14 PM

I see nothing in any of the threads that is off topic to the subject of sample libraries. Some important things have been said in them. They are, in fact, much more relevant topics than many which remain....

I just copied this from the Sample Libraries Previous Posts. I only posted it five minutes ago. Now it\'s gone.

See, is this bogus, or what?

Humming (if it\'s uncontrollable, like an itch) would be a tic, which is technically Tourette\'s Syndrome rather than Asperger\'s. But there\'s a lot of overlap between several conditions with different names - e.g. OCD often goes along with Tourette\'s, tics go along with Asperger\'s - and other things like sensory integration problems can go along with them all.

I know way more about Tourette\'s than I ever wanted to learn. But just because Keith Jarrett hums doesn\'t mean he has Asperger\'s, of course!

The first assumption would have to be that he\'s just getting into the music. Watch any performer, especially a jazz or classical one, and you\'ll see them do weird stuff.

I think it\'s just natural, I remember when I first started using a Wah pedal my mouth would do the Wah with it.. It wasn\'t till I saw a picture of us live that I noticed I looked like I was having an orgasm!! But when something just sounds beautiful it\'s hard not to react bodily in some way... I think it\'s a great ability to go to \"that place\" playing live. Most people are too nervous to do that..
    Bri

(e.g. at a boring party that\'s going on way too long, I can feign an Asperger\'s attack).

I am sorry but as the father of a young boy with autism I find that remark most offensive. I am sure that was not your intention and don\'t blame you for it. Nor do I wish this statement to be any more than to let you know that as you are able to obviously interact with the outside world to the degree you do, you would not have any reason to suspect anything quite so devasting as a Spectrum disorder.

ed

PatS

Ed:

I\'m with you. My oldest boy (now 6.5 years) was diagnosed with mild autism 3.5 years ago. The news was devasting to us, as it is to all parents with a seemingly normal toddler who, for no apparent reason, stopped talking and making eye contact, among other symptoms. Early intervention (lots of speech therapy and social stories) has helped our son become fully included in his public school, though he still needs an aid to help with his social behavior in class. He\'s hyperlexic (currently reads at a 3rd- or 4th-grade level) and now is heavily into math (4-digit addition, subtraction, mulitplication, and division; he once tried 11 digits, but needed my help). He also has his obsessions (currently, ADA restroom signs; I sure wish he\'d return to calendars or cell phones), but we\'ve grown used to that. Still, as you know, it\'s a daily struggle. Nonethless, our hope remains strong.

Drop me a line if you need another friendly and supportive voice to tell you \"It will be okay.\" I\'m at p s h o v e @ g h s . c o m (obviously, remove the spaces).

Take care,

Pat

PatS

Thank you for your kind note. I am glad to hear your boy is doing well and I will of course drop you a note.

Lee: Tis a funny thing that the idea of these disorders run the gumunt from Major disabillity to just personality. When our son was first diagnosed he remmided me so much of my farther who has always been socially somewhat awkward, and as a composer of 50 years pretty much with his head in the clouds. He may well deserve some sort of diagnosis(unfortunaltley know at 77 he has alzheimers). I always remember him singing strange melodies and humming to himself at the most inapropriate moments. It really is a fine line between a matter of choice or something you can\'t chose.

ed

OTOH, these days, researchers seem to be finding more and more syndromes and disorders (ADD, Manic/depressive, etc., etc.). Perhaps soon, there won\'t be anyone on the planet that hasn\'t been identified as having a touch of something happening.
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">The line between having one of these disorders and not having one is wide and fuzzy. But some people clearly do and some people clearly don\'t. Eccentricities are eccentricities; disorders are disorders.

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast