• Register
  • Help

Topic: Garritan World Instruments Library

Garritan World Instruments Library

This may be of interest to those curious about Garritan's wonderful World Instruments library.

Re: Garritan World Instruments Library

Listening now, Sean. Very interesting! I especially wanted to hear those recorders. I have three myself, and at one time was learning to play them. I think they are under-utilised in classical music (along with saxes). On the whole, this is indeed a great showcase for GPO World. Very inventive, and very well-produced. Although it is about desert spirits, I see a caravan. This would have worked well on Tattoine, the desert world in the first Star Wars movie!
    michael diemer

Thank you for your kind words, Michael! I very much appreciate them!

Very nice. I use GWI, and it is a good library especially for the price, congrats.

Sean: I hope you don't mind me responding to your post with my example. This is GWI, with GPO 4.

That is fine, Steve. This thread is intended to be more focused on GWI than on my own work.

Wow! You really handle those wonderfully exotic sounds quite well, Sir! My only complaint is that your exciting piece didn't last long enough!

Shelton, Washington State

Well, these were both very interesting pieces. I have GWI but haven't used it much but I have used the didgeridoo. It sounds like it could be liberating to seriously work with the instruments.

I have been interested in the Krautrock movement of the late sixties and early seventies in Germany which was based mostly on eastern music forms and not southern delta blues. Electronic music groups such as Tangerine Dream and Kraftwerk sprung from this music as well as more traditional electric instrument groups such as Can and Neu!

Hi Phil : I have used Gwi on several experiments, and was very happy with the results, although I have not used the digerriedoo. In other forums, I have gotten some harsh criticism regarding garritan libraries. I do know that it cannot compete with a $2000 library. One piece, I was particularly proud of, was referred to as "abhorrent " and the worst vsti example he had ever heard. I find that amusing, because it sounds real fine to me. For some time, I have thought of a piece using Gwi exclusively. Maybe 2016 is the time for that. I use Reaper to mix.
    Steve Wisnoski

Go Back to forum