Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: OK, calm...calm...calm..........

Share/Bookmark
    Senior Member Bruce A. Richardson's Avatar

OK, calm...calm...calm..........

sponsored links

***Advertisments***
    Hi guys,

OK, Desound has permitted me to post off topic here, so that we can straighten this out.

The reason I was \"banned\" was for raising hell about moving topics. It was temporary...they wanted to get me on the phone and thought that would get my attention. Unfortunately, I didn\'t get the e-mail, so I was somewhat in the dark.

I\'m going to lay out the whole situation so everyone understands.

I noticed topics being moved to Off-Topic, which I consider highly relevant to this group. I decided to sound off about it publicly, and as is their right, the moderators saw it as too disruptive. I don\'t agree with this. I think communities are remarkably self-correcting entities. But I respect and understand the right of an individual to operate his business in a way he sees fit, and I understand the points that David and Mark made to me on the phone.

I made an accusation of censorship. This was offensive to Mark and David, and I have apologized sincerely for hurting their feelings. Now, I happen to be of the opinion that moving topics to \"off topic\" is a way to reduce heat by reducing their traffic, and as such, does border on manipulation of the community\'s voice.

But there again, this is the choice of the board\'s owners, and as such, my opinion is only mine. They have every right to run the joint as they wish, and I support them in that.

But to illustrate how we ALL misunderstand each other on occasion, Jim Van Buskirk just posted that I was still \"banned,\" when in fact I wasn\'t. The only reason Jim thought that is because I had to jump off a phone call with him in literally mid-sentence (Just figured this out, Mark). So Jim was just accused of lying and having an agenda, when in fact, once again, it\'s a misunderstanding. I just didn\'t get to finish telling him the whole story. I\'m off to do that now, and to catch up on topics of much more interest.

So I guess we can ALL get a little trigger happy, eh? ---my best Canadian, haha

So can we call it even, now that the place is littered with blood and guts? Good.

Now....

This post will be moved to off topic, according to Dave, as soon as people come to an understanding of what has occurred. I appreciate all the kind words and support. I participate in this community because you are quality people, and I enjoy the amazing conversation.

I\'m not going to pretend I\'m happy about all this. I\'m not, and I don\'t think I\'ll ever feel quite free to say what I want, where I want to say it, from this point on. But I value the community, I value your friendships and your kindness (Except you, Musical Charities...nice act of charity, indeed, kicking me in the nuts when I\'m unable to answer) I\'ll deal with the topic segregation, and be a good boy. Ha. See you all in H-E-doubletoothpicks!!

Love and kisses to all (exceptions noted),
    Bruce

Re: OK, calm...calm...calm..........

This is one of the reasons why I enjoy Bruce posts so much. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

He often gets me to cheer up on a bad day.

Glad you\'re back, but then you never left at the first place.

May peace be back in this forum... [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Originally posted by Bruce A. Richardson:

Except you, Musical Charities...nice act of charity, indeed, kicking me in the nuts when I\'m unable to answer
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">

Welcome back Bruce and thank you for clarifying the situation. Obviously your participation is highly valued here.

Cheers,

Steve Chandler
    http://www.mp3.com/stevechandler

Darn Bruce... welcome back !!! Good to see you in good shape ;-)
    I´m glad we can leave this behind us. Well, sort of...

Holger

I was about to respond to Musical Charities rather uncharitable review of one of your best lines (he misquoted it; and extracted the funny).

Never mind Bruce, many of use are willing to travel all the way over to the \'off\' board if that\'s what we have to do to read your insights and get the big laughs you provide with your wonderful writing.

I\'m sorry so many people thought there was a censorship issue. That\'s not been my impression of NS at all. (Ban Z6! Ban Z6!)

Originally posted by Z6:
    I\'m sorry so many people thought there was a censorship issue. That\'s not been my impression of NS at all. (Ban Z6! Ban Z6!)
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">But mine! I\'m missing some topics, can\'t see some of my own posts however I approch it. There is some censorship going on here.

Thanks Bruce for giving us the chance to look into your case. Welcome back!

Hansi

Good to see you back... guess NS isn\'t ruled by talibans after all.. they usually execute their victims, right? [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

/Tobias

Happy to see you back !!!

[img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Regards,

Olivier

Anyone have a good organ recommendation for all this drama... I\'m thinking NI B4... [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

So I guess we can ALL get a little trigger happy, eh? ---my best Canadian, haha
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Not bad, but be carful. Soon you\'ll be ordering double double\'s in the morning and eating poutine for lunch. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Dave.

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast