• Register
  • Help

Topic: Christmas Meditation

Share/Bookmark

Christmas Meditation

Don't know what made me do this, but here it is.

Christmas Meditation

Re: Christmas Meditation

I did enjoy your Christmas Meditation, and it was a good reason you wrote it in my opinion, because it is very beautiful.
    It has a feeling of clever improvisation, I wonder how right or wrong I am.
    One of the best variations on the Stille Nacht I heard.
    And: a merry Christmas to you (not seasons greetings)...

Ted

[QUOTE=tedvanya;801635
    It has a feeling of clever improvisation, I wonder how right or wrong I am.

Ted[/QUOTE]

Well, since I did it last night, from concept to recording and preparing a good score, I would have to agree. I considered naming it Improvisations on Stille Nacht, but I wanted to make it clear that this was a departure from my usual driving and relentless style.

Thanks for listening and commenting.

Richard

A very meditative piece indeed, Richard. There is just enough of the original thematic material to make the connection, the rest is your wonderful improvising. It put me in a contemplative mood, where time slows down, and you catch your breath and remember that life is lived in the present. Thanks for this lovely and rejuvenative reminder of that fact.

Very nice Richard!

I imagined myself in a large candle lighted cathedral on a holiday winter's night. Someday hopefully I'll actually experience the pipe organ in a cathedral and not just a church.

Are you still using the GPO organ? I know there is a Garritan pipe organ product. Anyway it sounds good.

Phil

Quote Originally Posted by michael diemer View Post
    A very meditative piece indeed, Richard. There is just enough of the original thematic material to make the connection, the rest is your wonderful improvising. It put me in a contemplative mood, where time slows down, and you catch your breath and remember that life is lived in the present. Thanks for this lovely and rejuvenative reminder of that fact.
    I am pleased that you found the music pleasant and contemplative, just as I had hoped it would be. Thanks for the time to tell me about your feelings.

Richard

Quote Originally Posted by fastlane View Post
    Very nice Richard!

I imagined myself in a large candle lighted cathedral on a holiday winter's night. Someday hopefully I'll actually experience the pipe organ in a cathedral and not just a church.

Are you still using the GPO organ? I know there is a Garritan pipe organ product. Anyway it sounds good.

Phil
    Still using the GPO Pipe Organ. To use anything better, I would have to invest in a complete new system and upgrade the software.

I have heard some fine organs in churches, which sound better than cathedrals, since the echo is less and the organ more distinct. I wish I would offer a comparison involving the organ used by Mozart in Salzburg, but when I was there, it was being tuned, which is hardly an uplifting experience!

Richard

Go Back to forum