• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: OT:Did anyone else hear Newmans score for 'Angels in America' last night?

Share/Bookmark

OT:Did anyone else hear Newmans score for \'Angels in America\' last night?

sponsored links

***Advertisments***
    I thought there were some wonderful cues on this HBO film last night by Thomas Newman. Did anyone else get to see this?

Re: OT:Did anyone else hear Newmans score for \'Angels in America\' last night?

I just the ad for it in Premiere magazine. I couldn\'t believe my eyes when I saw that it was going to air first on tv!! I mean, what a cast! And Thomas Newman! Real drag that it\'s only for subscribers. I do hope to see it in the theatres, or at the very least, I\'ll rent it at the video store.

I didn\'t watch it cause it didn\'t sound like a movie that would interest me. If I\'d known Newman scored it I would\'ve watched it. He makes me cry like a little girl.

I heard the promos all week (I don\'t miss \"Carnivale\" but unfortunately I wasn\'t home last night to catch it, hopefully they will rerun it to death like they do with all their other originals...

AL

Angels in America Part 2 is showing December 14th at 8:00 EST. on HBO [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

The music is already out on CD I noticed for anyone interested [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]
    Check out the link:

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B0000TAZB0/qid%3D1071001062/sr%3D11-1/ref%3Dsr%5F11%5F1/002-9643969-3017631

Happy Holidays! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Originally posted by Gary M. Thomas:
    Angels in America Part 2 is showing December 14th at 8:00 EST. on HBO [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Sorry that humor doesn\'t translate well when written, do you seriously mean a sequal, or are they rerunning it? I\'m pretty sure you mean they\'re rerunning it, sorry for being a square...

AL

Senior Member Bruce A. Richardson's Avatar

Originally posted by His Frogness:
    I didn\'t watch it cause it didn\'t sound like a movie that would interest me. If I\'d known Newman scored it I would\'ve watched it. He makes me cry like a little girl.
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">It\'s probably one of the theatrical masterworks of our time!! Kushner won a Pulitzer for it. I\'m not sure about Thomas Newman scoring it. That is not the choice I would have made for the story. Angels isn\'t one of those pieces where you need to be told how to feel at a given time, and Newman tends that way. I would have gone with someone a little less emotional, although these days, it\'s hard to say who that would be!! Perhaps it\'s a lesser of evils thing. If I could choose any composer living or dead to score Angels, it would probably be Alban Berg. I have always admired his emotional restraint--plenty of feeling, but not a dictation of feeling. But just the same, I plan to get the DVD whenever it comes out.

Rest assured, it is a show worth seeing, especially if you get a chance to see a really great theatre production of it. But since Tony Kushner did the screenplay, I suspect it\'s going to lay out much like the stage version. The promo picture looks a lot like Ming Cho Lee\'s set from the Dallas production.

No Alan, Part 2 of the movie is on Dec.14, not a rerun. For another words, the movie is not over yet.

Senior Member Bruce A. Richardson's Avatar

The original plays were called Part I and Part II as well. It\'s how the piece is structured.

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast