• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Merry Christmas

Share/Bookmark

Merry Christmas

In Mexico, warm sun is shining, no Xmas atmosphere at all, but me, sentimental old fool, remembers ....

ted

https://app.box.com/s/c4k1303x4i6cl1ouzydgqfs9cnk9f7pt

Re: Merry Christmas

To the 62 of you who visited and obviously did not like my piece, I wish you Merry Christmas and please forgive me for wasting your time at this nice season... If I could, I would remove it...

Ted

Well, why remove it? It is lovely! My only quibble is that the instrument quality is better than the voices. But as a piece of music, the setting, and overall effect is very beautiful.

Mexico must agree with you!

Warm and rainy here, too. Too warm - but that is a headache for another day...

Have a wonderful holiday!
    Ron Pearl

ronaldmpearl.com

myspace:

http://myspace.com/rmpearl

Quote Originally Posted by tedvanya View Post
    To the 62 of you who visited and obviously did not like my piece, I wish you Merry Christmas and please forgive me for wasting your time at this nice season... If I could, I would remove it...

Ted
    Bit of an over reaction, seems to me That is the situation with nearly all music posted here and elsewhere, the problem being, probably, inertia and saturation, or how to express you impressions without offense, or without too much lavish praise.

The only issue I found was with audio quality.

Richard

Ted,

The Listen-to-No comment ratio is quite high - always has been. It can be a bit humbling (and, let's face it, a bit unsettling) to see 400 views, and yet receive only 15 comments. But, that is the way it is; and, the way it was, as well.
    Ron Pearl

ronaldmpearl.com

myspace:

http://myspace.com/rmpearl

I agree. There is and has always been precious little response to posts. Sometimes, however, a post really seems to capture the collective imagination and incur a large number of replies. But that seems to be the exception rather than the rule. We should try to be as responsive to one another as is reasonably possible; a policy I'm sure would enhance our collective on-line experience.

Ted, your piece is beautiful! I have listened to it three times over and have enjoyed it more through each successive hearing. I even helped myself to a download. Thank you! I cannot agree with the idea that the recording suffers any kind of sonic shortcomings. Your instrumentation is well chosen and effective. Your mix is clean and well balanced. What more could one want?! Merry Christmas!

All of you, friends, thanks and all the best and happy times

Ted

All of you, friends, thanks and all the best and happy times

Ted
    Well, I hope you are enjoying Mexico and sunshine. I am thoroughly enjoying the sloppy wet weather in the California Redwoods!

Richard

Here in Wisconsin we're having a warmer-than-average winter, so there hasn't been any snow. That was okay with me (no snow removal!) up until I listened to that absolutely charming piece. I'm a sucker for nostalgia, and you got me wishing for Christmases past. Thank you for a very pleasant and restful three minutes. A blessed and Merry Christmas to you!
    I use elevators purely for the music.

This has been an extremely busy 5 weeks leading up to Christmas Day. Four video projects and 2 choral commissions have left me a little drained. Fortunately I ran across your piece of music this evening and found it to be a wonderfully retro memory motivator of seasons past. Seasons that were less stressful and, well - maybe a little more human. Thanks for your post, Ted.

In Mexico, warm sun is shining, no Xmas atmosphere at all, but me, sentimental old fool, remembers ....

ted

https://app.box.com/s/c4k1303x4i6cl1ouzydgqfs9cnk9f7pt

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast