• Register
  • Help

Topic: Giga Studio 160 -Hyper Threading Issue..

Share/Bookmark

Giga Studio 160 -Hyper Threading Issue..

sponsored links

***Advertisments***
    Hi all,

Since there is no Giga Studio forum to post to it, I\'ll let you know that Giga Studio 160 does not like Hyper Threading. Therefore if you have an INTEL CPU with HT, go into the Settings and disable it. I have Kontakt, Sonar and Giga Studio running on one Machine..

Alan Russell

Re: Giga Studio 160 -Hyper Threading Issue..

Hi Alan,

Did you manage to try both Sonar and Kontakt without problems with HT?

I haven\'t used my pentium based stuff for music yet, but there is a chance that some time in the future I may, so the more information the merrier. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Steve

Steve,

Sonar 3.0 Producer and Kontakt v1.51 have no probhlem with Hyper Threading with my 3.2GHZ PIV and Intel Motherboard..thank god..

Giga v2.54 has the problem here..

I am in the midst of rebuilding my 1.3ghz PIV machine this afternoon due to the fact I can\'t load my VSL Performance Tools. I think it\'s my F: boot drive that is causing the problem..

stay in touch..

Alan Russell

Hi Alan,

I remember hearing all about the great hypertheading capabilities of my MOB- and then had to completely disable it. My understanding was that XP had problems with it too and NI suggested it off as well.

Interesting that Giga has problems, I have used it for straight XP (non music machine) without a problem but I am not too surprised that Giga has problems in the end I suppose. I won\'t start up a new argument on their support/or new version, I suspect that by the time they do release one though, by the time it gets patched etc, that I may just look at changing over to Kontakt. Time will tell.

Steve

I have a P4/2.4 GHz/800 MHz FSB/Dual Channel DDR system with hyper-threading enabled running GS96 and it works fine.

My GS 96 works fine with HT, as well. I wonder why the problem is with just GS 160.

I have an HP Laptop with a 3 Ghz P4 (HT) with GS160 and a Tascam US-122. All works great.

Go Back to forum