• Register
  • Help

Topic: If I may be so bold.....

Share/Bookmark

If I may be so bold.....

sponsored links

***Advertisments***
    ...as to say that the Two Towers soundtrack is right up there with the works of John Williams...maybe even a little better. I know that\'s saying a lot.. but just LISTEN to it! Return of the King, musically, is pretty good.. but I still think Two Towers blows it away.

Just listen to Forth Eorlingas, especially the part starting at 2:14, and then at 2:42 you hear Gandalf the White\'s theme.. MAN! Other excellent tracks/themes you should listen to: Evenstar, Breath of Life (4:15 to end), The Uruk-Hai (the whole thing is good, but the theme at 0:28-0:54 is an instant classic), Foundations of Stone (the whole thing is good, the choir finale at 3:32 ROCKS). They\'re just so freaking GOOD. Two Towers has some of the strongest themes I\'ve heard in a loooong time.

OK, just felt like raving/frothing at the mouth cuz I love this soundtrack. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] Have a nice day.

Re: If I may be so bold.....

Strong themes win out any day.

I definitely agree with you there. A friend of mine and I had a conversation about Star Wars Episodes 1-3 and how they didn\'t have the same \"punch\" as 4-6. I brought up the fact that 4-6 had much, much stronger character themes and a much more involved musical score, whereas what I remember from Episode 1 was that the score was pretty background-ish, and there was only one really memorable track--Duel of the Fates--because I\'d heard it before in a PBS Boston Pops special!

Howard Shore did an excellent, excellent job! Major kudos from the Frozen Northwest.
    O.

Wow O Boy, can you please send me the score to Episode 3? I\'d really like to hear it!

Thx!

Oops. I wish. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
    No 3 yet. Ain\'t even out yet!
    O.

Originally posted by MDesigner:
    ...as to say that the Two Towers soundtrack is right up there with the works of John Williams...maybe even a little better. I know that\'s saying a lot.. but just LISTEN to it! Return of the King, musically, is pretty good.. but I still think Two Towers blows it away.

Just listen to Forth Eorlingas, especially the part starting at 2:14, and then at 2:42 you hear Gandalf the White\'s theme.. MAN! Other excellent tracks/themes you should listen to: Evenstar, Breath of Life (4:15 to end), The Uruk-Hai (the whole thing is good, but the theme at 0:28-0:54 is an instant classic), Foundations of Stone (the whole thing is good, the choir finale at 3:32 ROCKS). They\'re just so freaking GOOD. Two Towers has some of the strongest themes I\'ve heard in a loooong time.

OK, just felt like raving/frothing at the mouth cuz I love this soundtrack. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] Have a nice day.
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Agreed. I think overall it is pretty good. The one repeating theme I cannot stand is the one at 1:03 on Uruk-Hai. If he would have had something else less cliche fantasy/hero/adventurish sounding in place of it through all 3 scores it would have been better. What\'s the name of that theme?

The choir finale on Foundations is nice indeed. Sort of reminds me of Poledorius\'s Conan score.

My fav cue is Lothlorien off Fellowship. It rocks!

Horners \'Willow\' score still turds all over them though. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Go Back to forum