• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: East West Horrible Service

Share/Bookmark

East West Horrible Service

sponsored links

***Advertisments***
    What is up with the E/W Soundsonline service?? I tried to order QLB last Wednesday via online while I was out of town. I needed it to be here when I got back to meet a deadline. I called today and the order still hasn\'t been sent (or even processed). I was told by a beligerent and rude Emily that they didn\'t work during the holidays. Of course this was NO WHERE to be found on their site. I would have been happy to call them when ordering but their 800 number is NO WHERE to be found on the site either. Now I am told that the item is on back order. A check of the site still says, as it did last Wednesday, that it is IN STOCK. I wanted to use this library on a current project with a looming deadline. East West\'s horrible and rude service have done nothing but make matters worse. For this reason I will NEVER order from this company again. I have cancelled my order but I\'m sure this will be bungled as well and show up on my credit card. I hope someone there reads this but I\'m sure they will be just as non-chalant about it as they have been in taking care of this customer.

David Russell
    Composer

Re: East West Horrible Service

Hey, wassup with your sense of diplomacy and tact? Besides writing this in public, why don\'t you call or email them?

This forum ceases to amaze.

Originally posted by DGRussell:
    What is up with the E/W Soundsonline service??...insert rant here...I hope someone there reads this but I\'m sure they will be just as non-chalant about it as they have been in taking care of this customer.

David Russell
    Composer
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">I suppose your post was meant to be flame-bait, but the following needs to be said, regardless:

1) You had very unrealistic expectations to begin with. Until the week after New Year\'s, all bets are off with regard to processing and shipping with ANY company, let alone a presumably small business dealing with such a niche product as sample libraries. That you haven\'t encountered this phenomenon prior to now is quite puzzling.
    2) Deadlines are your own and no one else\'s. You simply didn\'t take care of business. The responsibility is yours alone for making sure you receive a crucial product on time. Ask anyone who works or has worked in a corporate setting. You can blame the supplier or Fedex or the mail room until the cows come home, but your superiors could care less about the reason - you failed to leave enough time to get things done, and thus the blame lies squarely on your shoulders. Compound this with the way that you ordered the product - using an online form with no way of tracking or verifying stock or shipment.
    3) That you characterized one of East-West\'s employees as beligerent is laughable. I\'ve spoken to them on several occasions, including Emily, and have been treated with all manner of respect. No one here honestly believes that you phoned them with the intent of discussing things in a pleasant and calm manner.
    4) It would have been nice for their inventory to be accurate and for them to make customers aware that they would not be working over the holidays, but that they didn\'t is neither misleading nor irresponsible. If you had bothered to read their Ordering/Shipping info page, it contains the same disclaimers as every other mail-order company:

PLEASE NOTE: Neither the Licensor, or soundsonline.com (a division of East West Communications, Inc.) can be held responsible for any direct, indirect, or consequential loss arising from a delayed or lost shipment.

So in conclusion, you really have no sympathy due. Losing you as a customer is one less headache they have to deal with.

Jazzbozo

Typically, when someone is rude to me, I try to be rude back. I\'m sure Emily is no exception. Of course, if you\'re nice to her, my experience has been she\'s very nice to me [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] Try it, Nice isn\'t so bad!

Last Wednesday was the 31st of December. January 1st - holiday. January 2nd working day (for SOME). 3rd and 4th - weekend. Kind of an unrealistic expectation in my opinion. They ain\'t no Wal-Mart or Meijers, open 7/24.

Originally posted by A_Sapp:
    Hey, wassup with your sense of diplomacy and tact? Besides writing this in public, why don\'t you call or email them?

This forum ceases to amaze.
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">I did call them...Did you read the post?? How would email have helped? They obviously weren\'t there. The fact id they really weren\'t interested in my order. Thats fine. I\'ll deal elsewhere. As yes this forum is always amazing.

Originally posted by J. Whaley:
    Typically, when someone is rude to me, I try to be rude back. I\'m sure Emily is no exception. Of course, if you\'re nice to her, my experience has been she\'s very nice to me [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] Try it, Nice isn\'t so bad!
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">I felt I was nice to her. She was not interested in trying to help the situation and in fact didn\'t even let me explain the situation before cutting me off. Perhaps I caught her on a bad day, but my experience wasn\'t a positive one.

Originally posted by robh:
    Last Wednesday was the 31st of December. January 1st - holiday. January 2nd working day (for SOME). 3rd and 4th - weekend. Kind of an unrealistic expectation in my opinion. They ain\'t no Wal-Mart or Meijers, open 7/24.
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">All I asked was some sort of notice about mt order. I ordered it before business hours on Wed. Hoping that if they were working a half day that it would be taken care of. Barring that I thought that they\'d send it out Friday. So when it wasn;t here Monday i called. It hadn\'t even been shipped by then!! I don\'t think its unrealistic to expect them to either ship it by Monday or at the very least email me with an update. In fact I was never sent an email confirmation! It was on the site under \"My account\" but I never received notification of any sort. If you check the site now it says that it will take 1-2 weeks to get. When I ordered it and when I checked Monday night it still said \"In Stock.\" According to their own shipping policy it should have been shipped no later than Monday to arrive Tuesday. It reallt seems that they weren\'t even aware they were out of stock until I called to ask where my order was. I think the site should be kept up to date a it better.

David

I ordered a sound library from europe the 24.12. and 2.1. it was here, thought it was pretty quick and good service...

I\'ve had nothing but great service from them. I\'m sure they ain\'t perfect - who is!?

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast