• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Pastorcico, non te aduermas

Share/Bookmark

Pastorcico, non te aduermas

Villancico, (aut. Anonimo) early XVI century.

just 1 out of 12 is a Garritan instrument, but I want to share it with my dear friends of this community.

all parts are played live, but none of them is real

Pastorcico

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO YOU AND YOUR FAMILY AND FRIENDS!

Fabio

Re: Pastorcico, non te aduermas

Thank you for sharing.

and…HAPPY NEW YEAR TO YOU AND YOUR FAMILY AND FRIENDS

from Another Fabio

(Does garritan.com allow purchases from Italy to people with a different first name? Not sure…)
    Fabio
    Arrigo Beyle / Milanese / Lived, wrote, loved -- Stendhal
    Being Italian is a full-time job -- B. Severgnini

I missed your work. How nice of a present for us on the last day of this year!
    Thanks, and HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL Fabios in Italy and the world.

TED

Oh now that is just plain lovely! When in Seattle I belonged to a group that would hold Medieval and renaissance dancing. The events around Christmas and New Years were great fun. Your composition brought back excellent memories of those events.

Tom

Quote Originally Posted by Fabio View Post
    Villancico, (aut. Anonimo) early XVI century.

just 1 out of 12 is a Garritan instrument, but I want to share it with my dear friends of this community.

all parts are played live, but none of them is real

Pastorcico

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO YOU AND YOUR FAMILY AND FRIENDS!

Fabio

Absolutely wonderful. Takes us back across many centuries, to a time when the world was simpler. Not any less nasty, I'm sure. But it's nice to be reminded they had those gentle souls we call composers, to counter the darkness to some extent, and make life bearable. We are their distant descendants, and hearing this music links us in a way that transcends the long years, filled with their share of pain and foolishness, but, fortunately, also beauty that makes us feel that Spring is near, and anything is possible. Isn't music wonderful?

Quote Originally Posted by michael diemer View Post
    Absolutely wonderful. Takes us back across many centuries, to a time when the world was simpler. Not any less nasty, I'm sure. But it's nice to be reminded they had those gentle souls we call composers, to counter the darkness to some extent, and make life bearable. We are their distant descendants, and hearing this music links us in a way that transcends the long years, filled with their share of pain and foolishness, but, fortunately, also beauty that makes us feel that Spring is near, and anything is possible. Isn't music wonderful?
    Such a nice point. I like the way you phrased it as well, since it really depicts my emotions
    definitely music is wonderful...

Quote Originally Posted by Tom_Davis View Post
    Oh now that is just plain lovely! When in Seattle I belonged to a group that would hold Medieval and renaissance dancing. The events around Christmas and New Years were great fun. Your composition brought back excellent memories of those events.

Tom
    Thank you Tom... I still do it ☺️

Quote Originally Posted by tedvanya View Post
    I missed your work. How nice of a present for us on the last day of this year!
    Thanks, and HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL Fabios in Italy and the world.

TED
    Nice words Ted... I know you still like me get surprised by technologies: isn't amazing the way the gentle digital lady sings?

Quote Originally Posted by fabiolcati View Post
    Thank you for sharing.

and…HAPPY NEW YEAR TO YOU AND YOUR FAMILY AND FRIENDS

from Another Fabio

(Does garritan.com allow purchases from Italy to people with a different first name? Not sure…)
    Ahahah 😂 To be honest I don't know...

Hi Fabio,

It's nice to hear how simple and honest pastoral music can be. The choice of the pure voices is such a blessing here. And I agree with Michael that the efforts of thousands of 'composers' throughout history were so disarming and charming in rough times. On my website it says: "Music is the language of the world". I'd wish the political responsible leaders of the mess the present day world is in would realise one day that they can all speak with one tongue, with the same peaceful words we call music without hurting each other. Music touches the heart without injuring. Isn't that beautiful?

Thank you for this wonderful reminder.
    Max

Happy New Year!

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast