• Register
  • Help

Topic: It's new, it's hype and it's cheap.

Share/Bookmark

It\'s new, it\'s hype and it\'s cheap.

sponsored links

***Advertisments***
    Soon every household will have a surround speaker set to watch TV or listen to music. The sound of deep rumbling earthquaking bass will roar in every house and in every appartement. Imagine that in cities, millions of subwoofers are erupting car chases, explosions, orchestral bassdrums, low male hero voices, while people are living just a few feet away from each other. Imagine the annoyance and irritation! What if your neighbour has 100 watts more than you? Do you think he bought this powerful system but is not going to use it? Will you outwatt him? We will be literally surrounded with surround gear, and in the end, we\'ll have nowhere to run. In the kitchen, in the bedroom, in the bathroom, we\'ll be hearing loud or distant bass drones fom our fellow citizens. The future looks bleak.

------------
    Alex Cremers

Re: It\'s new, it\'s hype and it\'s cheap.

And in ten years, surround video, with wall sized video screens on every wall so you can be in the middle of a concert or the game in which you\'re being chased by dinosaurs\\aliens\\members of the GOP.

What scares me the most--I think I\'d enjoy it myself. Not the being chased part, but the \"immersion.\" And I\'ve had surround sound experiences that were good. But I know exactly what you mean.

Gig & Recording Amplifier & Monitor Modulation Attenuator

The GRAMMA Sound Isolation Riser is an incredibly effective device that\'s used to float an amp or loudspeaker and yields nearly total acoustic sound isolation, resulting in a purity of tone that has to be heard to be believed!

GRAMMA comes complete with a carrying handle, road-ready carpet, Studiofoam Wedges (underneath), PlatFoam (underneath), and an optional GRAMMA Gigbag. 1-2 GRAMMAs will support most amps, speaker cabinets, theater subwoofers and monitors.[/b]
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">I have two sub woofers - one for my 2.1 set and one for my 5.1 monitoring set. I\'ve never ever heard a complaint from my neighbors.

I got my GRAMMAs cheap at AudioMIDI.com

Jake, I added a few words to my post. I don\'t think I was making myself clear before. I wasn\'t talking about quality. That\'s a whole other story.

Houston, you mean that foam keeps the bass from going to your neighbours? Wow! If everybody was like you, we all get along just fine in the future. Of course, everybody has to buy it. And what guaranty is there that this really works? Maybe your neighbours are hesitant to complain.

------------
    Alex Cremers

Sounds like the book \"Lullaby\" from the author of \"Choke\" and \"Fight Club\"...

Have you guys read the book, if not, pick it up NOW it is awesome, especially for anyone who deals with anything \'heard\'...

AL

[quote]Originally posted by Houston Haynes:

Gig & Recording Amplifier & Monitor Modulation Attenuator

<font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Wow, that name! I think I change mine.

Alan, could you spare a teaser on that \"Lullaby\" book? Don\'t tell me it\'s about \"subwoofer\" duels!

---------------
    Auralex Cremers

Originally posted by Auralex Cremers:
    Alan, could you spare a teaser on that \"Lullaby\" book? Don\'t tell me it\'s about \"subwoofer\" duels!
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">The book is centered around a man obsessed with sound. The pounding of his neighbor\'s sub-woofer, the dog barking down the street, the sirens a couple blocks away... these all eat at him, until he finds a sound that can quiet them all: a poem.

A poem that kills you when you hear it, that is. It goes like this: (make sure to read it out-loud [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] ):

Just kidding... pick it up though, it is a really amazing (and short) read.

Go Back to forum