First off, let me introduce myself. I\'m Aleksey Vaneev from Voxengo (

I understand that these forums are private and do not allow unpayed advertisements.

However, I hope this post won\'t be perceived as an advertisement. I just wanted to welcome you for a friendly discussion about the forthcoming PC VST plug-in.

Voxengo Pristine Space VST alpha is here. It’s a very early alpha and it may still have bugs and shortcomings.

It can be downloaded at

Some facts. The user’s manual is in the works, so this should help to answer some of your questions. Don’t hesitate to ask more questions, though: your questions can help to write a more useful user’s manual.

1. Pristine Space (PS) is a 8-channel convolution processor PC VST plug-in. Each channel is independent of the others making it possible to use Pristine Space in various surround configurations, and to apply ‘True stereo’ kind of processing, when each stereo channel uses its own reverb impulse (this setting requires 4 convolution channels in total).

2. PS allows you to load up to 8 impulse files in uncompressed WAV format of any bit-depth, mono or stereo, and to manipulate these files in a non-destructive manner, by means of various envelopes. Please note that PS does not automatically resample the loaded impulse if its sample-rate differs from the output sample-rate. You should use impulses already resampled to the output sample-rate. Why PS works this way? Simply because a good-quality resampling requires much CPU resources, and since PS is intended to be used in real-time, resampling is not a suitable procedure. It is also not a good idea to sacrifice quality having the option of speeding up the resampling.

3. Any channel of any loaded impulse file can be routed to any convolution channel.

4. PS supports WAV files of any length. Be cautious when loading very large files because this can quickly overload the CPU.

5. PS implements three calculation modes which are identical in their results: FPU, SSE and 3DNow. These are automatically engaged if found on the host computer’s CPU. On AMD processors, by default 3DNow is used instead of SSE. But you can force SSE usage, if it shows the better performance (according to AMD’s claims, SSE is preferred to use, on their latest 64-bit processors). With the latest processors, FPU is the least preferred mode. Also note that the implemented SSE support is compatible with SSE2 (SSE2 by itself does not add anything specific which can be utilized by PS bringing any speed boost).

6. You can choose plug-in latency. This setting also affects the CPU consumption. For most applications it can be useful to select 32768 samples latency, since with this latency CPU usage is minimal. By default PS uses 16384 samples latency.

7. Also note that the higher plug-in latency is more efficient with the longer impulses, only. For example, using a very short impulse with a high latency simply forces PS to waste some resources.

8. PS was optimized for multi-channel and multi-instance use. I believe you can use PS with soundcard latency of at least 1024 samples, or more (with 16384 plug-in latency). With less soundcard latency, full stability is not guaranteed. When using multiple instances it is suggested to use different convolution channels for each instance (e.g. 1&2 in the first instance, 3&4 in the second instance, etc.).

9. Plug-in latency, calculation mode, number of inputs and outputs are global settings which affect all instances of PS, loaded in any audio host. VST specification and VST host implementations simply do not allow such settings to be made instance-specific.

10. File slots are color-coded. You can immediately see which convolution channel the slot you are editing now was assigned to.

11. Envelope editing workflow is identical to that of Voxengo Redunoise VST.

12. Currently, Volume and Stereo Width envelopes can be applied, only. Release version will possibly feature Low- and High-pass filter envelopes along with an equalizer.

13. PS implements two quality modes: the Max and the Low. Each convolution channel can work either in the Max or in the Low quality mode. Though, the Low quality mode is not preferred for the final mixdown, it can be used pretty efficiently during mixing saving loads of CPU resources.

14. The existing GUI design is not final. It can be changed in the release version.

15. PS can be seamlessly integrated with Impulse Modeler since PS `catches’ the changes of the loaded files. So, you simply have to press the ‘Generate’ button in IM and after the generating is complete PS will automatically load the updated WAV file.

16. You can expect introduction price of US$108. The regular price will be US$139. There will be a bundle available, consisting of Pristine Space, Impulse Modeler and Deconvolver programs.