• Register
  • Help

Topic: studiologic Sl-990xp question.

studiologic Sl-990xp question.

sponsored links

Hi every one,

I have finally recoverd from the hollidays financial burden and am ready to buy my self something. The SL-990XP. To replace my cheapy Casio CTK-611. (You can imagine what a difference this will be for a guy named 88fingers.)

I have been wanting the studio logic Sl-990 after playing on my dads 990. His came with a sustain pedal and I\'m not able to find out if the Sl-990 Xp comes with one too.

I have the money in my hot little hand and want to know if I need to order the sustain pedal or if it comes with it.
    I figured I would ask the forum and get a quicker answer than the place I am buying it from.
    If any of you should happen to know I would really apreciate it.

(I\'m so excited I can\'t wait till it gets here.Oh boy,Oh boy, Oh boy)

Re: studiologic Sl-990xp question.

I\'m not exactly sure...I bought the SL880 Pro and I don\'t think it came with a sustain pedal. I spent about $25 for a new pedal at Guitar Center. If it does come with one it is probably the very cheap kind. Spend the extra $$ for a decent pedal...you won\'t regret it.

Thanks for the reply Ed. You are right.

I got a reply from the seller and they said the Sl-990xp does not come with a sustain pedal.

I ordered a sustain pedal and the SL-990xp and got a lovely letter back saying they won\'t have the SL in stock for 2 to 4 weeks. Seems like no one has them right now. [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/mad.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img]

I was so excited to be getting It. I have been waiting since last winter to be able to afford one. Working my little fingers to the bone, staying late at the job site every day trying to make extra money. My online friends have suffered my absence due to work. Boo hoo. Boo Hoo. Poor me.

Ok I\'m done sobing.
    I had to vent somewhere.

The good new is that, the sustain pedal is on it\'s way. Should be here by Feb 3rd.
    When I get it I can set it on the floor and pretend I\'m playing my long awaited keybaord. LOL

I had been considering getting a new studiologic controller to replace my old one that started malfunctioning right after the warranty expired.

But then, I heard that m-audio was coming out with a new 88 key controller with tons of knobs and faders! =)

I don\'t think there\'s been an official release date or MSRP set yet, but I\'m definitely willing to wait a while to see what will happen!

Wow, I just looked at a picture of the M-Audio Keystation Pro 88...Supercool! I\'m curious how $$ much though...Anyone have an idea? Is it coming out March-April like everything else at NAMM?

Could you give me a link to the Pro 88.

From the sound of it, that keyboard may far exceed my need in knobs.

However,I would like to know if it simulates the piano feel as good as the Sl-990.

( I still have time to cancel my order.) [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Go Back to forum