• Register
  • Help

Topic: Another Old Orchestral Library Gets Updated

Share/Bookmark

Another Old Orchestral Library Gets Updated

I see that Ik Multimedia has released Miroslav Philharmonic 2. It's a 55GB library with the inclusion of the original patches that are 7.5 GB. If you already own version 1 there is a substantial discount, otherwise at $499 it's not exactly inexpensive. I have used version 1 with GPO and have gotten some great results layering instruments because Miroslav 1 was record on stage playing with emotion but no CC1. GPO was recorded straight and dry but benefited from CC1 manipulation. The new Miroslav again doesn't use CC1 but was recorded mostly dry in a studio setting. I would maybe keep an eye on it in the future as Miroslav 1 in the past has been on sale for as low as $49.

Re: Another Old Orchestral Library Gets Updated

Thanks for the info, but one question: does it work well in VST or is it better used in MIDI format?

Most (about 85%) of my workflow is Finale >VST > WAV files in Reaper or Audacity. I've found (and sometimes paid for) several sound sets over the years that don't work well with the Aria player supplied in Finale..

But a chance for those instruments for less than a hundred... if they would slide into that workflow, that'd be great!!
    Cheers,

Kevin F..

KM Frye- (SOCAN)
    Music Director- Four Seasons Musical Theatre- 2016

Bella Vista Studios
    Canada

GPO4, JABB3, Garritan World Inst, REAPER, Roland VS2480 DAW

Hi Kevin,

It's a VST, AU based plugin like most other libraies. The question I don't know is if it's 32/64-bit or just 64-bit. Their new SampleTank 3 is only 64-bit which was not well received by users of 32-bit DAWs.

It's going to be at least a few years or more before the price looks good so there should be plenty of reviews and comments about it by then. I paid about $329 for version 1 with a pre sale discount way back when. Also those orginal samples are nice but they were recorded using tape so there is some slight noise but not really noticeable. The original Miroslav library was some thing like 3095 British pounds when it was released in 2000.

Now that does look interesting.

Might just go for the upgrade, not too expensive is it?
    And they've beaten MakeMusic to the punch.
    Author of MIDI tutorials at http://midi-tutor.proboards.com/index.cgi

Quote Originally Posted by SysExJohn View Post
    Now that does look interesting.

Might just go for the upgrade, not too expensive is it?
    And they've beaten MakeMusic to the punch.
    I believe the upgrade is $199 if purchased directly from IK M. Also there is a cross grade price of $299 if you own any licensed IK M product. I see that it's $399 for the DL version on IK M. The prices are all more on Sweetwater. IK M has a different pricing model than most.

Quote Originally Posted by fastlane View Post
    I believe the upgrade is $199 if purchased directly from IK M. Also there is a cross grade price of $299 if you own any licensed IK M product. I see that it's $399 for the DL version on IK M. The prices are all more on Sweetwater. IK M has a different pricing model than most.
    Or, if you bought the original in Europe, then €199.00 direct.

I believe the offer is only available for a short while, then it becomes more expensive.
    From what I've read on the forum, I don't believe they're shipping the 'hard copies' yet, just the downloads.
    Author of MIDI tutorials at http://midi-tutor.proboards.com/index.cgi

Go Back to forum