• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Topic: Halion Forum?

Halion Forum?

sponsored links

Just wondering: I had heard some chatter about getting a Halion forum here several months ago. Is this still in the works or was it all just a dream?

Avid Halion User

Re: Halion Forum?

Right. Good chance of that with all these giga fanboys and Halion naysayers around here. [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

We just released in HALion native.

HALion is very cool but it would be up to Steinberg to be here, no?

HALion has a good support forum, run my Pinkcanary. It\'s nothing like the rest of cb.net...

Is this not a good idea? Yes, Pink does a great job on the Cubase Forum, but, sad and true, since the rest of Cubase.Net is such a rank cesspool of, well, rank cess, clearly the word isn\'t getting \'round as it should.

I will try and keep bumping this periodically to keep it in the forefront of consciousness.

Halion has been a far superior environment for -me- than Giga ever was. IMHO: It is only Steinberg\'s stunning display of Jerry Lewis-like marketing skill that has kept Halion from dominating the market.

Won\'t you help? [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Houston, I love the Heinlein quote in your byline. I\'ve been reciting it for years, but I forgot where it came from. Thanks for the reminder.

James Thornton

P.S. And more on topic I\'d like to second the Halion forum suggestion. Halion is my current sampler of choice (and I\'ve used/own EXS, Kontact & Giga) so if Kontact & Giga get a space here, it seems like Halion deserves one too. Who knows, it might even result in more libraries in native Halion format (cool!). Of course, then poor Pink would have to listen to me complain about the efficacy (or lack thereof) of Halion\'s current release sample handling in two places, [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img] but maybe it would get that improved too.

I\'ll \'third\' the request for a dedicated Halion forum. I haven\'t used Gigastudio in ages, prefering the integration and tools that Halion gives me. It\'s great to see more and more developers (Project Sam, Bela D, PMI etc) starting to support what is a very powerful sampler.

Greetings Suntower,

A HALion forum is an excellent idea. It is so easy to enjoy the benefits and power of HALion without lifting up the hood and tweaking. However, being a newbie to sampling, I am eager to learn as much as possible about the deeper aspects of HALion. I sense there is enormous power there waiting to be tapped.

Best Wishes

[QUOTE]Originally posted by James Thornton:
    [QB] Houston, I love the Heinlein quote in your byline.

That\'s really from a beer commercial? ;-)

Another big fan of Halion here. I would love to see more support for it, especially from sample developers.

When you think about it, maybe Steinberg\'s marketing is not so dumb- let your users do it for free. Nahhhh, they\'re not smart enough to think of that.

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast