• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Topic: What is trolling?

What is trolling?

sponsored links

Forgive my ignorance, but what is trolling? I\'ve no idea what that means, and it appears certain recent events are based on this phenomenon.

Olomouc; Czech Republic

Re: What is trolling?

I think that it is Robgb´s \"it sound synthy\" qlso comment... [img]images/icons/rolleyes.gif[/img]

Trolling is something similar and closely related to things that I wonder!!!

Does saying that something sucks, but also explaining why do you think it sucks counts as trolling?

OK, so trolling means un-constructive criticism in an offensive tone?

Trolls are people who are just saying this sucks that sucks, and never ever go deeper then that..
    Haters basicly....no such kind here really...

The problem is if you want to express your personal opinion you should be able to do so...
    If I say \" this sounds horrible, because there is mchine guning all over the place or ...the samples are too straight and have bad attacks..\"

Is that trolling??? ....

I aggree that if you are not asked and don\'t have anything positive to say you should shut up...BUT if you are not asked...

By posting something on a public forum you are asking all active members, so they have the right to be negative if they choose to!

If something is not constructive , why the hell would it bother you?

You don\'t want to hear nothing negative? Fine, be a scared baby cat and just put \"only nice things in reply\" tag..

[img]graemlins/tounge_images/icons/smile.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/tounge_images/icons/smile.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/tounge_images/icons/smile.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/tounge_images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

lex I don\'t know how much more disrespectful you can be hope that was not directed towards me. this is a prime example of why there are rules.

Originally posted by Leon Willett:
    OK, so trolling means un-constructive criticism in an offensive tone?
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Exactly Leon. For instance, if you were to poke fun at the 3-page thread in the Samples Discussion forum about a one in a series of make-believe \"Skins\" for a sample player that has it\'s own forum and pointed out that OT threads are routinely moved to General Discussion ... Well, you get the idea.

Meaningful criticism is often mistaken for trolling as is humor.

Originally posted by csduke:
    Meaningful criticism is often mistaken for trolling as is humor.
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Now how on earth could meaningful criticism -- which is ALL anyone ever wants -- be mistaken for trolling?

This the POINT of the whole discussion. Trolls are those who jump onto a thread, saying something like \"I need a pair of ear plugs\" then jump off.

There\'s absolutely nothing at all meaningful about that kind of criticism. Meaningful criticism has substance to it. And those who post their material don\'t care if they get negative comments, as long as those comments are constructive rather than destructive.

Is this really that tough of a concept to understand? I don\'t think so.

As I\'ve said before, you\'re either a nice guy or you\'re a turd. Nice guys offer meaningful criticism and turds offer lame, hurtful jokes in some ego-hungry desire to be \"cute\" and make all of his buddies laugh.

So, calling people turd would be constructive criticism of someones behaviour?

I think that Bruce mentioned how this place has become selfrighteous...

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast