Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Sensure-No freedom of speech-this forum is in trouble-Simon

Share/Bookmark

Sensure-No freedom of speech-this forum is in trouble-Simon

sponsored links

***Advertisments***
    As i said

Re: Sensure-No freedom of speech-this forum is in trouble-Simon

http://www.northernsounds.com/ubb/NonCGI/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=23;t=000001

If it\'s important enough to him, I\'m sure Simon will do what it takes to keep this forum an increasingly healthy place for effective discourse.

All forums have to have some rules. The moderators of this forum have clearly laid down the rules many times. I\'ve been on many forums and I still find this to be one of the least censored.

<font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">They are getting longer each time I look at them...

Originally posted by robgb:
    Thing is, how hard it is, really, to stick to the forum\'s rules? Just be courteous. I know we all have lapses now and again (and I include myself), but it\'s REALLY not that hard to be a nice guy rather than a turd.
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">There you go, you just called someone a turd..
    Nice eh? [img]images/icons/rolleyes.gif[/img]

AlEx

Man, dont turn on your computer for about two days and you miss alot of carp (mmmm fish)

rob,

Its kind of funny how some people can be jerks to other potential users, but people support them, but when they\'re jerks to developers there\'s an all out war. I\'m not directing this at you BTW, its just an observation of some recent antics from other members, old and new.

Its sort of like \"your mom\" jokes, taken way too seriously.

anyhow to all,

I haven\'t been posting much of anything important on this board in the past month or so because alot of people read WAY too far into what I post, and assume I have a hidden agenda. I actually feel like I have alot of useful things to say and share, but the current attitude of the forum keeps me from actually submitting my posts, since I\'m aways on some sort of defensive afterwards. Its nice therapy tho, to write posts and then jsut shut down the window. It stirs discussions with myself, which will obviously lead to multiple personalities, but I\'ll deal with thta when that happens with some other therapy.

Simon pushed the boundries, and got banned, he broke rules, so I understand what Papa had to do. Whether I like it or not is a different story, but I can get enough of Simon\'s bitching and moaning about Cubase SX on IRC [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

I do have to say that I think developers should understand that their products aren\'t the best things in the world for everyone. So telling them that \"no one cares\" about their opinion is only giong to lead them to be like Miroslav, who STILL believes he\'s developed perfection. Which he obviously hasnt. Even constructive citicism isn\'t enough for these people (yes theres more than one developer who has thin skin, or has knee-jerk reacions). They take those as jabs just as well, and have hurt feelers.

This place has jumped the shark.

I mean come on. I\'m posting F-ing pictures. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

I think it was Nathan\'s 8 billion post thread is when it happened [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

I dont really think its Papa\'s or DeSounds fault, but the community\'s itself. Its turned into a place where the marketing and potential sales of products takes on a much more important role than discussin samples, how to use them, and what works and doesn\'t work for different people and different situations.

Originally posted by KingIdiot:
    Its turned into a place where the marketing and potential sales of products takes on a much more important role than discussin samples, how to use them, and what works and doesn\'t work for different people and different situations.
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">So true.....

Alex

Originally posted by lex:
    There you go, you just called someone a turd..
    Nice eh? [img]images/icons/rolleyes.gif[/img]
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Not just someone. ANYONE who can\'t be cordial. Including myself.

Originally posted by KingIdiot:

rob,

Its kind of funny how some people can be jerks to other potential users, but people support them, but when they\'re jerks to developers there\'s an all out war. I\'m not directing this at you BTW, its just an observation of some recent antics from other members, old and new.
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Hey, I agree. I think ALL of the jerks -- if they\'re consistently jerkish -- should be banned.

And, come on, folks, we all know that Simon could be very much of a jerk -- consistently -- and not just to developers but to users as well. The latest incident was simply the last straw.

King, as far as the \"community\" goes, I think people respond to, participate in, and/or initiate the types of threads they\'re interested in. If that doesn\'t happen to include tips on using samples, etc., then that\'s just the way it is.

It\'s nobody\'s \"fault.\"

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast