• Register
  • Help

Topic: A Dance With The Robot

Share/Bookmark

A Dance With The Robot

I recently purchased a new voice synth, PPM Phonem by Wolfgang Palm and came up with this ditty using some of the stock sounds.

Also used Diva, Alchemy, GPO 4, Cinematic Strings and LASS.

A Dance With The Robot

Re: A Dance With The Robot

Just love it. I even detect some Spanish steps as your robot puts his heavy foot down. This would be great for a video, a robot doing just what you describe with your music.
    Thanks, it is an overcast day in the Yucatan, wind is blowing, the temperature is down to the chilling 68, you just made my day...

Ted

Hi Ted,

I'm glad you enjoyed this tango of sorts. No one has a crystal ball that can accurately predict the future but it's fun to imagine the scenarios. Artificial intelligence is something humans will probably eventually have to deal with in a number of different ways.

I hope to be able to go south for at least a short break from our dark, cold and wet winter weather some day. Right now I have to take my 93 year old spry but brain damaged mother for one or more weekends each month. But things change.

Phil

Being a big fan of Asimov, I feel comfortable with the idea of robots. But in real life, robots may not be so nice. If we don't program them right (see Asimov's Three Laws), we will probably be in trouble. But anyway, another cool contribution, Phil. Have you ever considered contacting the Dr. Who folks? This kind of thing would work well on that show. I can see a bar scene, liked the one in the first Star Wars, but with robots instead of assorted galactic oddities. As with other pieces you have put on here, the sounds linger long afterwards, a good measure of success.

Phil, I agree with Michael, try it!

Ted

Quote Originally Posted by michael diemer View Post
    Being a big fan of Asimov, I feel comfortable with the idea of robots. But in real life, robots may not be so nice. If we don't program them right (see Asimov's Three Laws), we will probably be in trouble. But anyway, another cool contribution, Phil. Have you ever considered contacting the Dr. Who folks? This kind of thing would work well on that show. I can see a bar scene, liked the one in the first Star Wars, but with robots instead of assorted galactic oddities. As with other pieces you have put on here, the sounds linger long afterwards, a good measure of success.
    Hi Michael,

There are a lot of views about the up and down side of AI. We definitely need to get it right. Hopefully super intelligence will also include super wisdom and compassion.

I started this one when I was playing around with Phonem. I played in a old Nicky Hopkins two finger piano riff from the Stones song We Love You and just built on it.

I should probably at least try to contact folks like the Dr Who series people. I've only watched the orginal series and it it was pretty quirky but had brilliant writing. I was thinking the same thing about the Star Wars bar scene. I'll see if I can find some more current episodes of that show. I'd like to see a Star Wars/Trek where the robots are running things and humans are sort of second class citizens. I think that might be more accurate and interesting but maybe too upsetting and not commercially viable quite yet. These sorts of flicks are usually aimed at the adolescent mind but there are exceptions like District 9.

Thanks for the supportive comments.

Go Back to forum