Topic: GPO 5 coming February 1

Share/Bookmark

GPO 5 coming February 1

Thought everyone should see this:

http://www.garritan.com/?_ga=1.43052...169.1453402944

Thoughts anyone?

Gary A.
    Serenity Musician Productions (Gary A.)

Lenovo ThinksStation S30, Windows 10 Professional 64-bit, 20 gig ram, 2 terabyte hd., M-Audio Fast Track, Finale25, Sonar Professional

Re: GPO 5 coming February 1

Here's another bit of info:

http://forum.cakewalk.com/Garritan-P...-m3356368.aspx

It sounds a whole lot more interesting! Wish there were some samples to hear. But maybe they listened about upgrading the strings!

Lenovo ThinksStation S30, Windows 10 Professional 64-bit, 20 gig ram, 2 terabyte hd., M-Audio Fast Track, Finale25, Sonar Professional

I saw this news on another forum. It will be a broader in scope library but they are not challenging the "Pro" libraries at all, keeping it a composing tool for students, beginners and composers that are working with notation not creating final product for albums, soundtracks or high end demos. I think this makes sense and the price sounds very reasonable.

We'll just have to wait and see if some of the user complaints about GPO 4 have been addressed, not the negative comments by users of much more expensive libraries.

On Makemusic it is still only GPO4. On Time and Space it is GPO5 and prices in Euro.
    I would pre-order because I trust Garritan, but why can we not order it through MM? With an upgrade price in $?
    I am possibly wrong, but there was some news that Garritan and MM separated. Could some one clarify what is going on?

Ted

Quote Originally Posted by tedvanya View Post
    On Makemusic it is still only GPO4. On Time and Space it is GPO5 and prices in Euro.
    I would pre-order because I trust Garritan, but why can we not order it through MM? With an upgrade price in $?
    I am possibly wrong, but there was some news that Garritan and MM separated. Could some one clarify what is going on?

Ted
    You'll probably be able to order the upgrade from Garritan in February. If those figures are accurate it will probably be about $41.00.

It sounds to me like Gary Garritan is still or is once again associated with MM. ???

I see there will be some of the 2002 GOS GigaSampler library, the Strad and the Gofriller in it and also some brass from ProJectSam.

It sounds like very interesting upgrade.

Not wanting to wish my life away, but roll on 1/2/2016 or, if you prefer, 2/1/2016.
    Think I might just commit myself to that upgrade.

John.
    Author of MIDI tutorials at http://midi-tutor.proboards.com/index.cgi

I'm excited about this. GPO was my first sample library. It will always have a special place in my heart. GPO4 is something I use in every project, in combination with other libraries. So GPO5 will definitely continue that tradition for me. I'm hoping it can replace Vienna Sp. Edition, which I won't use anymore due to its many problems (crashes, slow-loading, not meshing time-wise with my other sounds). There is definitely a place for this library among those of us who do this as a hobby, and don't see the rationale in spending thousands of dollars, when the music isn't going to make us any money anyway. Although I am always open to offers.

Quote Originally Posted by fastlane View Post
    You'll probably be able to order the upgrade from Garritan in February. If those figures are accurate it will probably be about $41.00.

It sounds to me like Gary Garritan is still or is once again associated with MM. ???
    I have no independent knowledge, but I read on another forum that the sampling at Abbey Road for GPO 5 was the last thing Gary did before he left. FWIW.

Someone at the Finale forum had a link to preordering GPO5, and there are samples of the new sounds. I have to admit, some of it is pretty impressive, least it is to me. Listen for yourselves:

http://www.timespace.com/product/GPO...nload%29.html?

Sereneitymusician said:

" Listen for yourselves:

http://www.timespace.com/product/GPO...nload%29.html?"

I am confused in 2 ways. First, who are Time+Space and how are they connected to either Garritan or MakeMusic.

Second, I did not see any examples on that page to listen to. Maybe I missed where it was on the page but I didn't see any mp3 or sample to click on.
    [Music is the Rhythm, Harmony and Breath of Life]
    "Music is music, and a note's a note" - Louis 'Satchmo' Armstrong

Rich

Go Back to forum