• Register
  • Help

Topic: Lamentation and Prayer - on the notes B-A-C-H

Share/Bookmark

Lamentation and Prayer - on the notes B-A-C-H

After have spent the recent months only with orchestrations from piano works of the old masters now I wrote an own composition - a kind of symphonic Kyrie with the main theme based on the famous 4-note pattern "B-A-C-H". The first part is a painful lamentation in g-minor which is followed by a solemn prayer-like Choral in Eb-Major.

www.gerdprengel.de/Lamentation_and_Prayer.mp3

www.gerdprengel.de/Lamentation_and_Prayer.pdf

I hope you'll enjoy it ...

Gerd

Re: Lamentation and Prayer - on the notes B-A-C-H

Gerd, yes, I enjoyed this very much.
    I think it is great that you let us hear your own.
    If I may, I just suggest only that you should visit your composition at every time the strings are overwhelmed by the (your beloved) woods, and make the entry of them less abrupt, cut back on the volume at the point of entry and increase it a little later as you wish. It will sound more natural this way.
    Congratulation, it is really lovely.

Ted

Thumbs up Re: Lamentation and Prayer - on the notes B-A-C-H

Inspired and moving... the echoes of Bach music in a modern taste. I loved it.

Quote Originally Posted by Fabio View Post
    Inspired and moving... the echoes of Bach music in a modern taste. I loved it.
    Thank you, Fabio, I am just about to write a pure choir version of this work (Kyrie eleison) , and I wish I had your marvolous choir tools which I was just listening to ...

Gerd

The second part was especially lovely. It reminded me of Sibelius' Sixth Symphony somehow. He was not a very contrapuntal composer, but in this one work he was. I agree with Ted that there was some harshness in the winds, but that can easily be fixed. The overall beauty of the design shows through in any case.

Quote Originally Posted by tedvanya View Post
    If I may, I just suggest only that you should visit your composition at every time the strings are overwhelmed by the (your beloved) woods, and make the entry of them less abrupt ...
    Ted
    Dear Ted, could you please give me some exact examples (with minute:second) where the woods have "abrupt" entries? I just can't hear it .... thank you!

Gerd

Go Back to forum