Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: How many pirates are skilled Orchestrators

Share/Bookmark

How many pirates are skilled Orchestrators

sponsored links

***Advertisments***
    hi

i really dont follow much of the pirate threads

but i was just thinking even if the whole world had a pirated version of vsl gpo how many people would actually know how to use it

Ravels dont exactly grow on trees

what i am getting at surely these are very specialized tools

Re: How many pirates are skilled Orchestrators

Originally posted by charles:
    Ravels dont exactly grow on trees
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Amen, Bro. (You made me laugh some of my drink out my nose.)

But you know, one of the things I love about this forum, even when I\'m getting just a tad bleary at the prospect of yet another battle demo in full regalia, is the can-do attitude on display here. Nobody here is so awed by past achievements as to be totally paralyzed. Everyone\'s getting on with the job. It\'s quite wonderful.

Greg

i really dont follow much of the pirate threads

but i was just thinking even if the whole world had a pirated version of vsl gpo how many people would actually know how to use it
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">You better turn that question around to gain some insight; how many skilled orchestrators use pirated versions!

I don\'t normally jump in on these threads but I know several working and often well paid composers (mostly in tv/film) who \"share\" libraries and have done for years.

It\'s definitely out there. I don\'t know what the solution is though.

Crispin

When I was in college I knew this neo- *** @#(* total punk kid that had some serious issues. He used to punch holes through walls and drive the whole dorm floor nuts.

He was one of the most talented and amazing jazz pianists that I\'ve ever met.

I guess my point is that, you really never know where talent grows. I bet there are some incredibly talented kids that have just the right ear for orchestration and a fundamental appreciation for classical and orchestral music, yet they are nowhere close to the financial point where they can purchase a $3k library. I think that GPO and QLSO Silver have made substantial contribution to these individuals and to the reduction of piracy. This is indeed the right step.
    Educational discounts and non-professional uses discounts and pricing should also come into play here. Individuals like Gary, Doug, Hans and others on these forums have \"got\" it. Now if we can only get the rest of the bunch to follow suit this world might just be a better place!

\"When I was in college I knew this neo- *** @#(* total punk kid that had some serious issues. He used to punch holes through walls and drive the whole dorm floor nuts.

He was one of the most talented and amazing jazz pianists that I\'ve ever met.\"

At first glance, I found this account unbelievable. But then I recalled a story about Dodo Marmarosa (a be-bop pianist) in which he pushed a piano off a stage (or was it out of a window?) because he wanted to hear the chord it would emit.

\"How many pirates are skilled Orchestrators\"

Johnny Depp is a nice guitar player, but I\'m not sure how well he can orchestrate... [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

This forum should be renamed to \"Piracy Discussion/Bitch & Moan/My Computer Is Better Than Yours/Demos\"...that\'s all you really see anymore. And yes, that was a bitch & moan about the bitching & moaning...the irony is not lost upon me.
    -Hudson

\"At first glance, I found this account unbelievable. But then I recalled a story about Dodo Marmarosa (a be-bop pianist) in which he pushed a piano off a stage (or was it out of a window?) because he wanted to hear the chord it would emit. \"

LOL!!!!

Originally posted by Hudson:
    This forum should be renamed to \"Piracy Discussion/Bitch & Moan/My Computer Is Better Than Yours/Demos\"...that\'s all you really see anymore.
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Correction. That\'s all you choose to see anymore. Proof?:

Posts as of 2:41 pm
    - Questions about Wind Controllers
    - Pedal Steel Library?
    - Win XP 64bit
    - Giga VST Adapter
    - Interview with Elliot Goldenthal
    - EWQL Silver Question
    - Convolution
    - Best Orchestral Strings?
    - New Giga Pricing Structure
    - Alternative to Symphony of Voices
    - etc, etc, etc.

The glass if much more than half-full, IMHO. [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast