• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Topic: Interview with Elliot Goldenthal

Interview with Elliot Goldenthal

sponsored links

BBC Radio have just broadcast an hour long programme about / interview with Elliot Goldenthal. Its the same programme that did the recent Danny Elfman interview.

Re: Interview with Elliot Goldenthal

[img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Thanks andyt!

Cool. Thanks Andy, i never got to check out that Elfman Interview. I cant seem to find it on the site..Any links that i might be missing? Best, Rich

Thanks a million Andy!

Folks, these BBC interviews are pure gold, I can\'t recommend checking them out highly enough.

Yeah, thanks Andy,
    That was a much needed hour break from the drudgery of listening to my own comps. Any of you guys figure out how (if) those can be downloaded? I was a fan before but I think I am going to put him in to heavier rotation for a while and see what rubs off.

Excellent program. Thanks for the link.

Thank you very much, Andy. Lots to learn from this interview... [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Hi Andy,

Another good interview and glad you remind when they come.

He has a unique way of capturing sound from acoustic instruments. I know some of it is pure electronics, and some of it is doing \"abnormal\" things with traditional instruments - guitars with all strings tuned to the same note, or using a bow across a piano string etc. But even for the normal instruments, like the classical guitar at the end - he is doing something different to create a close up edge. Maybe it\'s just lots of reverb? Very close mic placement? I wish the interview would have talked more to the mechanics of his recording/sampling. I walked away from the interview for about five minutes. - just my luck that\'s when he talked to this.

WOW, awesome interview!

Glad you all enjoyed it.
    I am not sure they can be downloaded.
    I recieve radio on my DAB card in my PC (do you have Digial Audio Broadcast or similar in the states?)... which records them straight to MP3 ~ about 54M for for a one hour programme.
    The other way to do it would be to record the audio stream using wavelab or something. ... but yo\'ve probably figured this out for yorselves.

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast