• Register
  • Help
Results 1 to 9 of 9

Topic: "Sittin' On The Front Porch"

Share/Bookmark
  1. #1

    "Sittin' On The Front Porch"

    This tune of mine is old-time country.

    Here is "Sittin On The Front Porch".

    Regards,

    Larry Alexander

  2. #2
    Senior Member Tom_Davis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Ellendale, ND
    Posts
    1,486

    Re: "Sittin' On The Front Porch"

    Quote Originally Posted by larryalex1 View Post
    This tune of mine is old-time country.

    Here is "Sittin On The Front Porch".

    Regards,

    Larry Alexander
    As a rule, I'm not particularly fond of banjo music. But I just can't stop listening to this piece. Are you SURE you're not related to Charles Ives? Wonderfully done, Larry.

    Tom

  3. #3

    Re: "Sittin' On The Front Porch"

    Quote Originally Posted by Tom_Davis View Post
    As a rule, I'm not particularly fond of banjo music. But I just can't stop listening to this piece. Are you SURE you're not related to Charles Ives? Wonderfully done, Larry.

    Tom
    Aha. You are being countrified as we speak.

    Thanky, thanky fer listenin', Bubba.

    Billy Earl Alexander

  4. #4
    Senior Member Tom_Davis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Ellendale, ND
    Posts
    1,486

    Re: "Sittin' On The Front Porch"

    Quote Originally Posted by larryalex1 View Post
    Aha. You are being countrified as we speak.

    Thanky, thanky fer listenin', Bubba.

    Billy Earl Alexander
    You may be correct. but I'll keep my Cowboy's Christmas Carols album hidden until after my death.

  5. #5

    Re: "Sittin' On The Front Porch"

    Quote Originally Posted by Tom_Davis View Post
    You may be correct. but I'll keep my Cowboy's Christmas Carols album hidden until after my death.
    Yew must be from Southern North Dakoter.

    Zeke Alexander

  6. #6
    Senior Member tedvanya's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Canada,winter Mexico
    Posts
    1,005

    Re: "Sittin' On The Front Porch"

    I do not like banjo either. However, this is so fresh and clever and funny!
    If I were you, I would send this to Steve Martin, he would surely like it!
    Great piece, I was grinning all the way!

    Ted

  7. #7

    Re: "Sittin' On The Front Porch"

    Quote Originally Posted by tedvanya View Post
    I do not like banjo either. However, this is so fresh and clever and funny!
    If I were you, I would send this to Steve Martin, he would surely like it!
    Great piece, I was grinning all the way!

    Ted
    Thanks for the good review, Mister Theodore. It's all in fun!

    Best,

    Larry Alexander

  8. #8

    Re: "Sittin' On The Front Porch"

    Hi Larry,

    I do love the banjo and particularly the one you use here. A beautiful sound! And what about the merry tune. Something between country and ragtime, catchy and uplifting, full of wittiness and winks to well known tunes. As simple as it may seem, it's a great and funny composition. The final made me really smile!

    Thanks for sharing,
    Max

  9. #9

    Re: "Sittin' On The Front Porch"

    Quote Originally Posted by Max Hamburg View Post
    Hi Larry,

    I do love the banjo and particularly the one you use here. A beautiful sound! And what about the merry tune. Something between country and ragtime, catchy and uplifting, full of wittiness and winks to well known tunes. As simple as it may seem, it's a great and funny composition. The final made me really smile!

    Thanks for sharing,
    Max
    Thanks for the nice review of "Sittin'...", Mister Max. I am glad that you like it, my Belgium friend.

    Best,

    Larry Alexander

Go Back to forum

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •