commercial advertisings ...

sponsored links

***Advertisments***
    are taking over?
    ...Extended White Grand discount!!!!
    ...Grand Piano sale $149.95 !
    ...SALE AT SOUNDSONLINE.COM!!
    ...$100.00 OFF SALE - BUNDLE

Many topics these days have subjects like in a music mag ads pages. [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img]

Maybe it\'s time for a new forum category? ADVERTISINGS

I know that advertising is keeping this site up and running and that when you pay to advertise you are free to post what you want. I\'m advertising too. [img]graemlins/tounge_images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

But I wouldn\'t mind to see topics and topic subjects informative, interesting because of their content. Plain advertising should be more or less restricted to the banner areas to avoid 10 or 20 such ADVERTISING TOPICS every day.

Anyone? Papa?

Re: commercial advertisings ...

You have my vote and support....

excelent solution to an obvious problem..

Alex

Michiel Michiel... you don\'t mind them when you\'re the one making the sale or your selling one of your new products.....

If you\'d posted this when you did your one of your sales or when you introduced the Bosendorfer Plug In or all the others you did, THAT would\'ve impressed me, you obviously have no sale going at the moment, how convenient....

You can\'t have it both ways Michiel...
    You know this is going to be a crowd pleaser thread, too easy.....

+ there are 3 threads this month about sales, If you don\'t like them Michiel you just ignore them and keep reading, it\'s not that bad, I don\'t want a advertising section for the same reason people who want to demonstrate their talent with their demos want to be able to post their demos in this forum.
    If you want to get a advertising section then by the same respect there should be a user demo section..... Nobody will want that because they want to play their demos to the largest audience same as the people like me and you Michiel who have a monthly sale or special and want to sell it to the largest audience, this forum....

By the same respect to be fair there should also be a VSTI forum seperate from this one, since they are not sample libraries , so you see the answer is not as simple as one might think...

In fact, this thread will probably be moved to the off topic section if we were to all play by the rules you\'re stating Michiel...

Franky
    Vintaudio
    www.vintaudio.com

Oh, Dear God.....YES!!!

I fully support the developer\'s efforts here and the main reason I read these forums is to keep up with what\'s going on. I found, for example, Worra\'s recent in-depth post about the intracacies of the White Grand interesting and eye-opening. Its great to be able to read what developers are up to and how they\'re going about it, but I do get tired of the relentless product pushing that clogs up the threads.

Finally a not-only-user admitting all this here is mainly about sales. Perhaps we could solve the misere by having a shiny red background to ad posts? But then again - where to draw the line? Is every developer post an ad post? One could say this thread is an ad, too. Who would judge... Very difficult question!

Hansi

PS: Be sure this thread goes off-topic very soon...

This forum would not exist if it weren\'t for sampled instrument libraries and products to run these sampled libraries.

If you don\'t like ads in the newspaper, don\'t read them.. If you don\'t like certain television stations or TV shows, either don\'t watch them or change the channel.. If you don\'t like raw vegetables, don\'t eat them.. If you don\'t like certain discussion topics or advertising ads on the user forums, don\'t read them.

Kip McGinnis
    Bardstown Audio
    www.bardstownaudio.com

LOL< who\'d a thought it. People moaning about special offers. [img]images/icons/rolleyes.gif[/img]

Ed

I agree about Worra\'s thread. I almost bought another piano before I read about the advantages of more velocity levels.

The demos sold me too. That\'s what this forum is all about - \"Sample Library Discussion.\" [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

One of the things I like about this forum is that the developers are members of the community here, and they\'re always offering support and advice. If they want to pass on a sale, or some info about their samples, I\'m all for it. It\'s not spam, it\'s real people who spend time here and interact with the users of their product. I welcome any news about their products.

Originally posted by Bardstown Audio:
    This forum would not exist if it weren\'t for sampled instrument libraries and products to run these sampled libraries.

If you don\'t like ads in the newspaper, don\'t read them.. If you don\'t like certain television stations or TV shows, either don\'t watch them or change the channel.. If you don\'t like raw vegetables, don\'t eat them.. If you don\'t like certain discussion topics or advertising ads on the user forums, don\'t read them.
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Following that logic, I guess it\'s okay for merchants or whoever to send me unsolicited email in an attempt to buy their products (\"if you don\'t like the ads you\'re receiving in your inbox, feel free to stop reading your mail or change your address\").

Hopefully the internet is not going to succumb to the problems that can marginalize ad-supported media. When you read the paper or watch tv, you don\'t have much of a voice in what is printed or aired except to read/watch or not read/not watch.

Here, as opposed to \"traditional\" media, I would hope that everyone has a voice when it comes to something like this. I don\'t think it\'s too much to ask to have a new forum category. As someone stated recently in another thread, a lot of the topics that are posted in the sample library discussion are already in the realm of off-topic - do we really need to add to that by sanctioning advertisements in an area that is meant to be informative ?

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast