• Register
  • Help

Topic: Anoying one click, please, please help!!!

Share/Bookmark

Anoying one click, please, please help!!!

Hi,

Can somebody please help me? I have to finnish this project I\'m working on and I\'m geting the clicks in Gigastudio 160
    which are driving me mad. I\'m writing short tracks , about 2 minutes each, and I can\'t record them as an audio because
    whenever I play them I allways get this one click or pop, it\'s allways in the different place of the song, and since the pieces
    I\'m writing are mostly soft and quiet it\'s really hard to edit it out later.
    I have my Gigastudio on a separate computer it\'s an Athlon 800, IBM deskstar drive and 1Gb of RAM under Win98.
    When playing tracks, my cpu usage never goes over 4%, and ram usage is never over 40%...
    I know there are a lot of people out there who work with gigastudio without problems, so please help.
    Thank you in advance..

Alex

Re: Anoying one click, please, please help!!!

A couple things you can try:
    See if any other programs are running in the background with ctrl-alt-delete; make sure autorun for the CD drive is off.
    Also, I believe Win98 can have trouble with more than 512MB ram. I think there is a way you can have the system recognize only 512MB.

Thanks Lucas,

I have tryed all that but no changes..still a click or two in playback..
    I have an Riva TNT2 AGP graphics board could this be a problem?

Gotta make sure sampling rates between your two soundcards are the same. If one sound card is at 44.1KHz and the other 48KHz, for example, you\'ll get clicks and pops.

Thanks Marty,

I\'m not sure what do you mean? I have SB Live in both comps and I dont use digital in/out...and gigastudio is set for 44.1, 16 bit..?

lex, I had sort of the same problem when I was running on a P3 667 with Via Apollo Pro 133 chipset and Gina 20. I could get a click or two sometimes - not always though, like you describe. However it has gone away when I upgraded to a Tbird 1Ghz on KT133 chipset. My guess is the problem lies with the memory transfer speed of your chipset (my memory performance was really bad on the Abit VA6 mobo) - at least SOMEWHERE in the chipset... If you are on a VIA chipset you should try out the 3 different IDE drivers (Without VIA IDE driver, using IDE miniport driver and IDE VXD driver) and see if any of them are better than others.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by lex:
    ...and gigastudio is set for 44.1, 16 bit..?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You\'ll prolly get better performance out of your SBlive if you run it at 48k

I have posted the work around in the past. There is a bug in GS that causes a glitch exactly every 2 minutes when you load the memory up passed 60 % or so. Reboot your computer, load up your GS to 80-90% of memory. Immediately unload all but 1 patch from GS. Then unload the on e remaining patch. You will now have a machine that will tion correctly until you turn your computer off.

[QUOTE]Originally posted by lex:
    [B]Hi,

Can somebody please help me? I have to finnish this project I\'m working on and I\'m geting the clicks in Gigastudio 160

I had the same problem. No one could help me. I experimented and found that if I un-checked the dma box in my hard drive device settings.......no more clicks and pops.
    Jim

Go Back to forum