• Register
  • Help

Topic: Cubase Question

Share/Bookmark

Cubase Question

sponsored links

***Advertisments***
    I\'m a cubase noob. Can anyone help me with this?

When I play a midi note in Cubase, the note plays right away but is not recorded into the sequence for another second or so.

How do I set up Cubase to counteract this delay?

Re: Cubase Question

Originally posted by Daedalus:
    I\'m a cubase noob. Can anyone help me with this?

When I play a midi note in Cubase, the note plays right away but is not recorded into the sequence for another second or so.

How do I set up Cubase to counteract this delay?
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Daedalus
    Assuming you\'re on a PC?
    Do your midi ports have \"emulated\" as part of their name?

If they do use the ones that aren\'t \"emulated\"

If you don\'t have any that aren\'t \"emaulated\" then go to MIDI Port Enabler folder (probably C:\\programs\\steinberg\\cubasesx\\MIDI Port Enabler)
    Find the file \"ignoreportfilter\" and move it up one directory level ( C:\\programs\\steinberg\\cubasesx)

Restart Cubase and you should now have non \"Emulated\" ports.
    use these and hopefully your problem is gone?

Brian

That did it...

Thanks. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Awesome. Thanks B. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

I\'m considering switching to Cubase from logic and in doing so, I find it very odd that people claim that logic is so hard to use. I find Cubase the same way. Maybe cause I learned on logic...

Thx. I\'ll let you know if this fixes my problem.

daedalus, you said you are a noob, so i guess you should just try and learn a program and use it.

it\'s pretty early to say to switch to logic because you didn\'t get a midi connection running.

i mean there is alway \"cubase-logic\"-war in every forum, but i did see those post a thousand times and always people want to switch because they cannot find the record button or they want to create an audiotracks and it doenst work or whatever. so before selling, buying and switching to another product just make sure you really thought about getting this problem done. because sooner or later it will happen with every program and any time, and it wouldnt be helful to just switch everytime you discover a problem [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Go Back to forum