• Register
  • Help

Topic: SOunds of GPO will not install.

Share/Bookmark

SOunds of GPO will not install.

I have downloaded and installed ARIA Player v1.846 and ARIA Engine v1.848. Everything works fine with Classic Pipe Organs, COMB, Finale Default Bank, Instant Orchestra, JABB and World Instruments.

But not with GPO4. I went back to MM and downloaded and tried to install GPO4, but keep getting a pop-up saying Sounds of GPO4 failed.

I am doing something seriously wrong, but have no idea what it is.

Any thoughts?

Tom

Re: SOunds of GPO will not install.

Wow, that's terrible, Tom. You've been having a rough stretch there lately! Maybe go back and reinstall that last Aria player and engine that worked, at least for now? You could even do a system restore if possible. Or the old system image trick. At this point, I'd consider anything to get up and running again. Wish I could be more helpful. My suggestions usually involve radical interventions. Probably because I don't know enough to solve the problem more economically. But they usually work.

Quote Originally Posted by michael diemer View Post
    Wow, that's terrible, Tom. You've been having a rough stretch there lately! Maybe go back and reinstall that last Aria player and engine that worked, at least for now? You could even do a system restore if possible. Or the old system image trick. At this point, I'd consider anything to get up and running again. Wish I could be more helpful. My suggestions usually involve radical interventions. Probably because I don't know enough to solve the problem more economically. But they usually work.
    Michael,

Sometimes these situations are resolved by the most surprising of circumstances. MM e-mailed me yesterday that they were refunding the cost of my GPO5 purchase which is still not available. Yet today a free disk of GPO4 arrived in the mail. I figured what could it hurt and installed just the samples - no engine or player since I already had the latest versions of those. Amazingly it worked. However - and this is curious - Finale 2014 could not find the new Player but kept going to the previously installed same version. I deleted the old and now everything seems to be working fine. I have absolutely no idea why, but I'm not one to question modern miracles. The main problem was that I could not download the samples from MM. Unknown why. But from the disk they loaded just fine.

Tom

Groovy! You've got a guardian angel, Tom!

Go Back to forum