• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Topic: Reevaluation. I am not leaving now. Just saying goodbye to posts of ignorance.

Share/Bookmark

Reevaluation. I am not leaving now. Just saying goodbye to posts of ignorance.

sponsored links

***Advertisments***
    Dear everybody,

This wonderful forum with deep sources of knowledge is destroyed and ruined by the lethal invasion of stupidity.

I have decided to stop reading forum and will abandon my profile, while search for alternatives. If anyone should know such please feel free to post them in this virtual post-mortem of mine.

I would like to express explicit admirations and thanks to Mr. Richardson, Mr. Elliot, Mr. King, Mr. Phoenix and other kind souls.

Goodbye.

Isabella Rowlins

Re: Reevaluation. I am not leaving now. Just saying goodbye to posts of ignorance.

Sad, when it comes to this...

Re: Reevaluation. I am not leaving now. Just saying goodbye to posts of ignorance.

[img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img]

[img]images/icons/mad.gif[/img] DAMNIT THIS FORUM IS FALLING APART! [img]images/icons/mad.gif[/img]

Sounds like this forum needs a \"reformatting\".

Oh, come on you guys. You\'re taking this forum thing way too seriously, in my opinion. If you smell a horrible fart, you leave for a while, then come back when the air smells clean again!

Yeah, this is a major overreaction.

Sorry, Isabella, but you should probably reconsider, or perhaps just lurk for a while.

You will not find that pie-in-the-sky forum full of sweetness and light in the public Internet, anyway. You might find a private forum somewhere that meets that almost-unreachable ideal. Good luck, I think you\'ll be searching for a while.

And consider this.... when bad behavior of a few drives out the \"good\" people (we\'re assuming you\'re a member of the latter group, for the time being), who actually wins??? The forum is not at all \"destroyed\", as you say, unless all the knowledgeable people leave!!

It is possible to participate in any forum like a responsible citizen, while ignoring the ruffians who pop up from time to time. The vast majority here do it that way. And that\'s the case for most other fora that I\'ve seen, as well.

The ill-behaved among us will always thrive on attracting the maximum amount of attention. And developers who try to rectify things publicly are just attracting all that negativity to themselves.... it only *increases* the problem. I\'d suggest that it amounts to cutting your own throat, if you\'re in a commercial situation.

Better for everyone to develop slightly thicker skins, and just ignore the hubbub. There\'s lots of good info to read here, so when you encounter a thread that upsets you, just move on to the next one. And say NOTHING!!!

So, what was it again that is so distressing that it\'s causing you to leave?? I find it hard to believe that the current buncha baloney is serious enough to require an exit, unless you are an *extremely* timid soul. You aren\'t, are you, Isabella?? If not, then why not stand up to the ruffians, and contribute to making the forum a better place, rather than abandoning it??

After all... it\'s all about signal-to-noise, in any forum, isn\'t it??? [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Please reconsider, Isabella. There are many mature individuals here who value your opinions and appreciate distaff participation.

Carl

Mr. Brownell,

I don\'t have time, nor the patience going through the endless amounts of spam posted here lately.

I prefer a mature, honest and open-minded dialogue against fellow parties. I don\'t feel that here. I feel a distasteful sense of irony here. However I miss the self-irony.

Isabella Rowlins

Mr. Carlmsmith,

Yes. I am aware of that. But the majority of posts lately has polluted this forum into a dumpyard of mediocrity, which I have decided not to be a part of.

I will try to contact the people that I value here on a personal basis.

However thank you very much for the kind appreciation. I am actually glad I made this choice.

*S*

Isabella Rowlins

Dear Isabella,

You\'re right. This IS a \"wonderful forum with deep sources of knowledge.\" Whenever you gather together brilliant composers and sample developers there will be times where the tempermental artist syndrome from either side will come in to play. Tempers flare and then cool.

I for one am sorry to see you leave. Please reconsider.

All My Best,

Isabella,

I hope you reconsider, but if you do decide to leave, you will be missed! [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img]

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast