Share/Bookmark

Two of my piano 'miniatures'

All,

Here are a couple of my solo piano 'miniatures':

"Piano Miniature Number Two"
    http://www.alexandermusic.com/resour...iniature02.mp3

"Piano Miniature Number Twenty-Two"
    http://www.alexandermusic.com/resour...iniature22.mp3

The piano is the Garritan Steinway model D.

Regards to everyone.

Larry Alexander

Re: Two of my piano 'miniatures'

First of all, wonderful stuff, Larry. Second, what is that cool audio player you use? Can I get one of those? Seriously, a certain distinguished, German gentleman comes to mind as I listen to these pieces. You know, that guy who had all the kids. And I don't mean Boccherini (although I love his music also). I can only envy your ability to write so well for both the violin AND the piano. All I can say is "Toll!" (That's German for "Wow!").

Finally, someone, Michael, also mentioned the "certain" multi-childrened composer who is reborn in our time/ And we do mean this in the most honest complimentary sense, we are fully aware that you are not imitating anyone, you simply have the same brilliant, complicated mind and can use it to create what you do.
    I like your first one more than the second, especially at around 1:20 an onward.
    Great pieces both.

Ted

Quote Originally Posted by michael diemer View Post
    First of all, wonderful stuff, Larry. Second, what is that cool audio player you use? Can I get one of those? Seriously, a certain distinguished, German gentleman comes to mind as I listen to these pieces. You know, that guy who had all the kids. And I don't mean Boccherini (although I love his music also). I can only envy your ability to write so well for both the violin AND the piano. All I can say is "Toll!" (That's German for "Wow!").
    Danke, Herr Michael und guten tag!

If you are talking about the audio player that my internet website provider (1 and 1) is using...I don't know. If you are "streaming" my music from my website, your audio player is being used I believe.

Boccherini is italian (but you already knew that).

Thanks for the nice compliments concerning eine kleine Larrymusik. Your input is always welcome.

Larry Alexander

Quote Originally Posted by tedvanya View Post
    Finally, someone, Michael, also mentioned the "certain" multi-childrened composer who is reborn in our time/ And we do mean this in the most honest complimentary sense, we are fully aware that you are not imitating anyone, you simply have the same brilliant, complicated mind and can use it to create what you do.
    I like your first one more than the second, especially at around 1:20 and onward.

Great pieces both.

Ted
    Gracias e buenos dias mi amigo, Sr. Ted.

"Multi-childrened". I love it! You are a super word-coiner! I too derive much pleasure respectfully toying with our wonderful and versatile English language.

I appreciate your message and your continued support. Words of praise from a talented composer, such as yourself, mean a lot to me.

Hasta luego,

Larry Alexander

Go Back to forum