• Register
  • Help

Topic: Mozart - Adagio from Flute Quartet KV 285

Share/Bookmark

Mozart - Adagio from Flute Quartet KV 285

Hello friends,

You didn't expect this from me, but it is a tribute to the GPO 4 solo flute. All instruments are GPO4 with an older ARIA player. Played back from Overture 4 with Altiverb. If the coming GPO5 woodwinds are as good and (hopefully) even better then I'll purchase this new library.

Now back to the music: https://app.box.com/s/xsjaxz04n0wdsoofzc0igiat3vfjz41b

Greetings,

Raymond - yes, still in the music "business" and still following Garritan.

Re: Mozart - Adagio from Flute Quartet KV 285

Hi Raymond,

In times of highly advanced and even more highly priced sample libraries, old Garritan still stands generously alone with an affordable but excellent flute. In the hands of an 'old' master like yourself, it turns into a singing wonder and honours the outstanding Mozart composition.

Glad you shared it here!
    Max

Thank you, Max.

Raymond

Come on, you secretly hired James Galway, right? Wonderful pizzicato also, and great overall rendering, control of dynamics, etc. Really enjoyed this. Can't wait for GPO5! This gives me hope, if someone can do this with 4, that with 5 I may be able to actually use only Garritan, and get good results. It would be so much easier to stay with one library.

Quote Originally Posted by michael diemer View Post
    Come on, you secretly hired James Galway, right? .
    No, as an example I used the recordings of Emmanuel Pahud and Marc Grauwels. The delicate tone of Pahud wasn't possible to imitate fully. Let us say that this is a good mix of the two. I enjoyed doing this instead of using the VSL Solo Flute. In a project of 16 arrangements of Sonatas by Domenico Cimarosa (originally for piano/harpsichord/pianoforte) this is just the "Encore".

Let's see what GPO 5 brings us.

Greetings,

Raymond

Loved your Flute Quartet. And loved that you posted here again. Welcome back Raymond!!

Ted

Go Back to forum