• Register
  • Help

Topic: Needing help from the gurus

Share/Bookmark

Needing help from the gurus

I am wanting to run Gigasampler LE on my Laptop for live performances. I have installed Gsampler LE and when I go to start the program it freezes up when it begins to profile the hard drive for .gig files. I have uninstalled Gsampler LE and reinstalled with out installing the extra .gig files. Same thing. Start the app and it freezes the computer. I have run both scan disk and defrag on the hard drive with now luck.

My system:

PIII 700
    128mb ram
    20 gig hard drive
    Savage S4 graphic card (8mb ram)
    Ego-Sys WamiBox PCMCIA Sound Card
    2 USB midi interfaces
    Windows ME

Re: Needing help from the gurus

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by zentech:
    I am wanting to run Gigasampler LE on my Laptop for live performances. I have installed Gsampler LE and when I go to start the program it freezes up when it begins to profile the hard drive for .gig files. I have uninstalled Gsampler LE and reinstalled with out installing the extra .gig files. Same thing. Start the app and it freezes the computer. I have run both scan disk and defrag on the hard drive with now luck.

My system:

PIII 700
    128mb ram
    20 gig hard drive
    Savage S4 graphic card (8mb ram)
    Ego-Sys WamiBox PCMCIA Sound Card
    2 USB midi interfaces
    Windows ME

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    I use gigasampler le on my notebook. I had the same problem. No one could help. I loaded 98second edition and everything has been great. Don\'t know why.

I just got an email from Nemesys. Here is what it said.

\"Try the 1.64.002 update for GigaSampler available as a free download to all registered users. Also you may have a corrupt gig file on your hard drive, and renaming these with a different file extension such as .gix will allow you to get the program up. Then rename the files one by one to determine which file is corrupt.\"

I will give this a shot.

zentech,
    NemeSys also has supplied some new info on the website about laptop solutions for GigaSampler and GigaStudio. http://www.nemesysmusic.com/support/laptop.html#LaptopTop

From this, I believe that the issue with the PCMCIA Wami Box is that it does not have a GSIF driver, the info from egosys.net:
    - Supports Windows MME, DirectSound, ASIO driver.

Thus, the Wami Box PCMCIA may not be a good solution for laptop/GigaSampler - you can only hope to get it to work in the DirectSound mode, non-emulated - which means that it cannot be a WDM driver - it must be the Win95/98 driver.

The Magma solution sounds very cool (from the NemeSys link above)

RME claims to have a PCMCIA for laptop with a GSIF driver. Has anyone tried it?

Go Back to forum