• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Well it's official!

Well it\'s official!

sponsored links

Yes my wife and I have finally recieved the news. Since April last year we\'ve been involved with the Childrens Aid Society. We will recieve the transition schedule for adoption of our new children. Jasmine is 2, Joshua is 3, James is 4, Justin is 6 and Jessica is 8. These guys have been in the system for over 3 years and in foster care for 2 years. 5 kids... Can you imagine?? Our quiet evenings at home will be replaced with caos... WooHooo, but we welcome it. I think these guys are amazing and we just can\'t wait to finally meet them.. We\'ve been waiting since Sept, cause one of the foster mom\'s has had Jessica for 2 years and didn\'t want to give her up.(Which we understand) She didn\'t think we could handle all 5 kids... But I work at a school, used to be at a primary one and grew up with 5 other siblings.. My wife worked as a child life worker at sick kids in TO for 12 years with the terminal kids.. So we are ready for the challenge... I can\'t wait for the kids to see the video.. I did a bit in my studio where I played the guitar/piano/drums etc. and asked them if they like music...
    Anyways,I think we\'re nuts... but in a good way..
    None of these emoticons can show you what I\'m feeling right now.. This one is close [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Re: Well it\'s official!

Opps is this in the wrong category?? Oh well I did use the Gos strings in the background... Does that make it sample orientated?? [img]graemlins/tounge_images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Hey congratulations man! It\'s always nice to hear good news like that [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Central Point, Oregon

Yikes!! We have three (wonderful) daughters, but I can\'t even imagine adding five divergent children at one time. \"Seclusion\" will have a whole new significance for you from now on!

The world needs more people like you and your wife.

Very OT, but what the heck!!!!
    Big congratulations from Sweden!!!!!!!!!
    I also would like to express my big admiration for what you are doing.

The Sunshine town is a great place to raise kids. My dad grew up there on Laclie and was \"home-schooled\" at \"the farm,\" which was recently given to the conservancy, \"Grant\'s Woods,\" just on the edge of town. Orillia used to get tons of snow when I was a kid (45 years ago). Yup, great place for kids. And adoption in Ontario ain\'t easy these days; so yes, indeed, congrats are in order!

Holy Crap John.. That\'s really weird, We\'ve got that big brick house on the Northwest corner of Brant and Lacile... Small world... We\'ve been up here since Dec 02 and love it, coming from Bradford originally and being in downtown TO for a couple years... Yes Orillia was the place to do this.. The adoption process has taken us a solid year, my wife being a CEO, manager, marketing guru she realized that part of the process is selling ourselves!! Sounds awful, but being persistent and having one \"real\" social worker that cares is really the only thing that has made this happen... I think cause of our age difference, Leigh is 20 years older then me, I believe our foot in the door was that the CAS was just curious about us! As with any situation, 95% of us,we just need that \"foot in the door\". We took it from there... But man what a process... We went above 2 social workers heads to get them off the case cause they didn\'t feel \"in control\". One of the meetings we had there were 18 people in the room. When asked (as one of the kids is shy) how I could possibly stimulate Josh(the shy one) I simly answered that \"hmmm, I was the quiet one in my family of 6. Are you saying there is something wrong with me??\".. Cause later we heard a bit of the politics, that this guy that had a hate on, was applying for a senior position and had his opinion! Leigh and I just always talked about the kids and he would try and stear things off to piss us off... As I say it\'s been tough on Leigh and I, but those kids are the troopers!! The last 6 months waiting has been pure politics! Grrrrr.. But we\'re almost through the hurdles, Well with the CAS anyways!!
    If you are ever up Orillia way John post away and you can drop by and check out the studio... You never know the kids might be jamming away!!

Orcas Island

Congratulations to you and your family. Thanks for letting us share in the good news. It\'s good to know that people like you are making a difference. Jasmine, Joshua, James, Justin and Jessica are very fortunate.

All the best,

Gary Garritan.

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast